Whats your thoughts on this then?

nemasis243

Well lads heres one for you , just got back in after one wierd night, my mate and myself were doing a large patch of ground way up in the hills and had shot 5 charlies :D , we were sitting in the truck right up on an elevated platform which we could see all the land we can shoot on , (about 3oo acres in this spot)

The farmer had been to see the sheep today and noticed that they were all bunching up in one corner of the field ,so gave us a call to see ifcharlie had been about and had been worrying them .

Anyway we are sitting in the truck with the lights off having a nice hot cuppa , when my mate says "I saw a lamp then",

We both looked and nothing for about 2minutes then way off down by the main road a red filtered lamp scanned the field very very quickly,

so we sat there with the binos trying to make out what was going on before we approached anyone and at the same time rang the farmer just to confirm that he hadnt given anyone else permission .

Every couple of minutes the lamp would flick on for abour 10seconds and the go off, I spied the beam and thought I 2guys walking back towards the beam with a dog by their side and it looked like they were pushing something.

Anyway the farmer confirmed that knowone else has permission and for us to approach them and he was on the way from his farm a couple of miles away :excl: .

We couldnt drive direct as we had to go round via gates to get to their possition on the main road, as we started the truck and the lights come ,all hell broke loose down below, a van appeared from knowhere and lights were flashing :D ,

by the time we had got round to where they had been there was no sign of anybody or anything, it seemed really odd they way they had been using the light ,so we decided to go through the gate and see if we could see if there had been fox or anything else killed in the field.

As we approached the gate we noticed that there was fresh blood all over the bars of the gate ,as if someone had gripped the bars and climbed over rather than open the gate, which would open no problem.

We then noticed more blood further towards the bottom of the gate as if it had dripped off something, but there was no sign of anything else.

This was really odd, by this time the farmer had reached us ,on his way he was passed by a small van doing about 60mile an hour down the back country lane, could this have been the people who we had just seen.

Anyway we told him what we had seen and we all had a good look around and even followed the foot prints and also a sigle wheel print left in the frosty grass ,

they went round the field in a big ark untill we came to a patch of blood and wool on the grass,

They had ran a sheep down with their dog and taken the sheep out of the field , thats why there was 2 of them one to take the wheelbarrow and one to control the dog.

Sheep Rustling lads thats what they are up to. :ph34r:

Anyway as we were leaving the police were on their way and the farmer was getting his sons out to change the gate , as this gate had finger prints in blood all over it, so hopefully it wont be to long till the coppers catch these B*******DS and put an end to them. :o

They must have done the same the night before, the sheep must have been frieghtend by the dog , thats why they were all huddled up.

Will keep you posted as soon as I hear the outcome.

cheers Andy

That's unbelieveable Andy,it just goes to show how the 'Credit Crunch' is already starting to squeeze peoples wallets.I hope the farmer gets some justice,and,they catch the scroats...............martin.

Sorry to hear about this Andy!!!

Like you say hopefully wont be long before they catch the culprits!!!!

All the best Captin...................... :o:D

RAY...................................... :excl::ph34r:

i bumped into a old farmer last week who i had not seen for years .he said he had some men come up to his farm in a pick up truck and ask if they could run some hares and some deer with the dogs ,farmer asked what there names were .one of the men said im not telling you that ? then the other bloke said do you want to buy any deer for £70 and sheep for £30 ? farmer said no of course ..farmer then said theres a good mate of mine that shoots on here and if he will share the land with you its ok by me ..he then told them my name :o they just said #### that and went ..i do know who one was ,and he has just been done for biteing a guys chin off ..sticking a broken bottle in a other guys neck and back of hand were the guy was trying to save him self .the same guy got 3yrs in jail for beating a bloke with a spade only a few years back ..so theses guys are not to be messed with ..not hard men but but a screw lose ..let the police deal with it other wise you could be sitting in the cell with them if you think pointing a fire arm at them will help you out .think again .just piss`s them off round my way ..you could shoot the dogs but its not really the dogs fault but the owners ,and to be fair the police dont like any one shooting dogs good or bad ..and the police will more likeley do you for it if they can .. for got to add the farmer now wants me to shoot his ground again after i told him who they were and what they were like ..so some things turned out good :D

Thing is also if you do get involved and hit one of the c**ts , the police will look to prosecute you and possibly revoke your firearms. As i am a full time keeper i often have problems like this at night, people nicking stuff or lamping hares . As i am often on my own i always take a camera for photographing number plates and a most importantly a mobile phone. The one thing i would love to take but i dont, stays in the gun cabinet. I am afraid this will only get worse. I know we moan about the police at times. But i for one dont envy their job at all. But we need to get them involved as soon as possible , when the time arrises.

The problem though is one of Police manpower, poaching is seen as a low priority crime with a high risk of police assualt. I have twice tried to call my local force at night about poaching, both times they said they were unable to attend.

A few years ago a group of local keepers caught a pair of poachers when they waited for them to return to their van parked in a local village, they then boxed it in tightly with three 4x4s. Police eventually turned up, in the van were firearms, dogs and about 30 pheasants, even then the Police did not want to prosecte untill forced to by the landowner.

Talking quiety to a retired constable subsequently I learnt that Police manpower levels are almost non existant in the countryside especially on a weekday night. One drink/drive incident then ties them up for some hours doing paperwork.

A difficult issue to resolve.

A

This was going on here earlier this year,except 40-50 were going at a time!!Police traced them to all to the same abatoir and it stopped.

WE,ve given the police names and addresses of people we,ve seen or caught and still nothing has been done about it. :o

I was out calling the other night when lampers turned up..

Got set up and started calling.1st a car came along the road at the bottom of this field,then a motorbike with no lights on..then some poachers.

There were 2 hares and 2 rabbits in the field(seen through the NV earlier)the jeep pulled up and a dog was sent through the fence....this is when i shouted..

"i wouldn,t do that if i were you"

Lamp off and a lot of frantic whistling later they had the dog and were off :ph34r:

I phoned 1 of the farmers at the other side of the shoot who kept an eye out(joined him for an hour too)but they never showed over there...no wonder i need Nv to get onto anything here! :D

up scotland i know of a farmer that put spikes in his gate ways to stop the motors running on his land .he just drove to the one side of them as he new were they were..he did tell me but i forgot and found one of them ,hence a flat tyre ...its really hard to find a tyre man up scotland ,same goes at night up some dark lane even if they have a spare its bloody hard to jack a car up on mud :o my put some people off

Have a permission with a similar gypo or arseholes problem. Some stuff goes missing odd dog and lamp about but in some ways this is good as it means when were about we are doing a more worthwhile job for the land owner. Out shone a few but it is the element of surprise that makes me smile :D best stalking you can have :o

This could be a blessing in disguise for you and future permissions.

Shocking, there's sadly in life always some looking to get one over on somone.

Credit crunch I don't know this type of person will carry on regardless, its the sort of low life thety are.

Dave

Archived