BAITS ARE WORKING WELL

nemasis243

Well after so many days of having to stay in because of feeling a bit rough and only going out early one morning which I dont think did me much good looking back on it,I decided last night the enough was enough and that plenty of fresh air was the thing I needed rather than more cough mixture and tablets.

So my mate Simon has been calling me every day to see when as I would be ready as we have loads of baits that we havent looked at for a couple of weeks , we are very lucky as the farmers top the baits up if were not about,

The baits are always in the same places as they are good shooting positions chosen by ourselves,so we know how to approach what every the wind is doing.

We checked the baits in turn and on each bait or very near to was a charlie ,so on the first five baits 5 foxes were shot.

23122008350.jpg

23122008353.jpg

23122008355.jpg

23122008351.jpg

23122008352.jpg

We then moved to another bait which has always been good but is a bugger to get to as it in a basin just off an old rock mound which is about 1/2mile walk from where you have to leave the truck , as we approached the bait we could hear a Vixon calling like mad and here she was sitting right along side the bait.

We scanned round but nothing was comming to her call so I went ahead and dispacted her.

As we approached her she was stinking and well on heat and couldnt believe that there wasnt a dog about , the only thing I could think of was that due to the fact she was down in the bowl the scent wasnt being carried in the wind , so we picked her up and brought her up into the light breeze that was blowing and then put the Vixon call on , on the small Ucall we carry in the pocket.

After 10mins here comes a charlie ,we had moved off the scent line so anythin comming in wouldnt get a wiff of us , the fox come into 80yrds and I gave a loud OH! and he hit the brakes then hit the floor as the Vmax gave him a slap.

After another ten minutes another fox appeared and did the same thing on the same line , it passed the fox I shot and then just stood and I nailed that one as well,

When we checked the two foxes which we thought were two dogs ,it was strange that one was a vixon , I have never had one come in to the vixon call before.

I went to take some picks lads but had left my phone on the dash of the truck for these 3 , :D sorry

As we got back to the truck , talking and having the crack as you do , Simon flicked the lamp 50yrds to the left, there was a charlie just sitting there looking at us, I eased the rifle off my shoulder , flicked open my Xsticks and sent him a xmas present , a lovely piece of polished copper with a red nylon tip , he must have loved it as he jumped with joy and didnt run off:rolleyes:

23122008356.jpg

He was a lovely big dog very dark in colour, I am affraid that the picture dosent do him justice,

Anyway we had 9 in the bag and it was time for home , just great to get out and have some fun again

cheers Andy

Do you live near an RSPCA release point ? :D:o:lol: . Ive never seen one man shoot so many charlie :o .

Well done again. Keep at em. ;)

Ads...

Do you live near an RSPCA release point ? :D:o:lol: . Ive never seen one man shoot so many charlie :o .

Well done again. Keep at em. ;)

Ads...

NO! BUT AM WILLING TO RENT A PLACE IN THE COUNTRY SO I BE SO CLOSE TO NATURE!!!!! ;):o:lol::lol:

Glad to hear your feeling better, as are the foxes by the sounds of it :D

What baits do you use ??

I've not forgotten about the bit's & bob's, just we still have most of my reloading stuff still in boxes, the Xmas period should see the reloading room up and running , so just bear with me for a bit.

Cheers Steve

Thanks for the write up Nem, having a few bait stations about looks to work great for you.

I'll be glad to shake off my man flu (just took the dog for a short walk and feel rotten - went out a few days ago when still rough too - picked my lightest gun and went for a short walk - wished I hadn't ventured out!).

Hope my foxes are waiting like yours did :D

Much Merryment to all

AndyCM

Archived