A favour to ask!

shrek

Alrite guys,

Abit of a favour to ask really

Does anyone in the Dumfries and Galloway / Cumbria area have either a AICS stock on a remmy 700 or an AW etc etc that i could get mt hands on, been debating abut getting a AICS stcok but really want to get a feel for one, held one before but wasnt really enough to know if i liked it or not!

I have been told that there is better stocks on the market, maybe there is, however i like the idea of the detachable mag system which is intergrated in.

Dont like the thought of cashin in on say a mcmillan, then having to then go and get a bagder bottom metal kit for it :P !!!

Shrek

I think you're sensible checking as this stock seems to be a bit of a Marmite one. It took me a full year of shooting with my first AICS before I had it adjusted so that it fitted me but now I really rate it a lot. Just be aware this is a tactical stock and the rear does not work well off bags for bench shooting. The folding version is more expensive but locks rock solid and makes cleaning easier.

Sorry but I'm not in your area or you could give it a try.

Cornishman

If you can wait till the next FCSA shoot listed at Warcop my friend I will either bring a buddy with an AICS or bring the rifle for you to see / use - they re love or hate.

Solid as fxxx but for me a pain to get along with - this is the ONLY reason I sold my AW.

I think its on the 17th of jan isnt it?

I will certainly make the effort to get down, and it would be good to get the new tikka out to the ranges that it was made for!!

finally got some more 90gr scenars so i'll bring the 6br for a laugh!

Cornishman, cheers for the advise, and i was lookign for a tactical stock anyway, either an AICS or a mcmillan A1 but as i said bfor im drawn to the accuracy as it has the intergrated detachable mag

Cheers for the replies!

AICS is the cheaper stock option over the composite if you want a dependable detach mag system as even with a SYSS bottom metal system on a base A5 you would still be looking at about £750 - £800 as opposed to £550 for the series 1 AICS

All depends on whether they fit you though :P

Hi there shrek,

Im hoping to get along to warcop next month as well. All going well i might have 3 aics's on the line up!! I have ordered a folder version for the ultra mag, just hope i have it before then. Hope to see you there.

All the best, Andy

Archived