Leica crf 900

A question for those of you who own these tools. Are some of them made in portugal ? Seen a new one at a reasonable price but not sure of it's authenticity as it's made in portugal and has that embossed on the front of the unit below the lens.

Many thanks..

Stamped around the front lens of mine is LEICA CAMERA (on the top half) Made in Portugal (bottom half). 100% genuine as far as I know, rating that on it's performance at night,dusk and in daylight which are all excellent and totally reliable.

Edited to add; Mine cost me 280 Euro from the States, that's including postage etc., I couldn't pass it up. Got it off an Ebay seller, he had them for sale for almost twice that price last time I checked :ph34r:

If i can get the seller to fin the auction early i can use a 15% discount voucher and get it for £297.50...

Oh and it's a crf 1200, brand new... :)

We're gonna be expecting photos of those 1200 yard shots now ya know? Did I say mine was the 900 model, err I meant 90 :ph34r: ......

Guest varmartin

` gift`.....fwwwaa.....it wont help.

Get it marked up as `warranty replacement`@zero dollars ??? you may get lucky... OR you may both go to jail and not collect 200 pounds.

I also had a few things get through..but not any more.

Let us know how you get on.

the scan one changes reading continuously if you hold the button down the strt crf takes a 1 shot reading and is fine.

Once you are picked up as a o/seas buyer by HM customs your name and address goes in their database and your flagged up each time a parcel comes in from then on.

Redfox

Once you are picked up as a o/seas buyer by HM customs your name and address goes in their database and your flagged up each time a parcel comes in from then on.

Redfox

Damn, i didn't know that.. The seller has marked the price down on the package but wouldn't mark it as a gift or warranty replacement as Varmartin suggested. Ce la vie.. Even if i do cop the tax it's still cheap as i used a 15% discount voucher when i paid for it.. I'm happy... :P

Thats useful to know Ian, I sort of lost interest in the CRF after finding it was yds or meters but not changeable like the lrf model of the earlier version, which was what was stolen ( 1200 scan ) the ordinary Lrf just took a single reading.

Cheers redfox

A bit like getting a freebie, I looked and asked the dealer and as you say no mention of it in the blurb, so I bought the Swaro one ( which is very good). But I really liked the leica one I had and was going for the CRF until the two issues came up of no scan and no change of measurement. It certainly will help others on here to make up their minds as the leica optics are second to none and small and light is great to carry all day. :)

Redfox

And that aint even mentioning the most important part....

A display you can actually read.....in any light.

Dont know about the Swaro...havent seen one yet to try out.

From Cabela's web site I learned its an LED display....but the $940 price tag is too steep for me.

Hey Pat,

At that price you might as well bring one in from the UK with the exchange rate what it is at the moment you will probably find it is cheaper :D , that makes a change :):D

Seriously though retail price here is $760 at the moment!!!

Ian.

Fairly sure the Swaro RF I tried out had an LED display, but it is a good long while since I looked through it. The optics were brighter than the Leica, but I didn't like the reticle, it's considerably bigger than a CRF and for me it's not worth the extra money.

Better pick up some extra batts....

Your gonna wear the first set out rangin the livingroom. :lol:,

the distance to the neighbors....the length of the drive...

308Panther

You know me too well Pat it's scary.... :lol:

Archived