Sako TRG 22/42 aftermarket chassis

mjpaanan

Finnish company Paukatti Oy published aftermarket chassis for Sako TRG 22/42 in IWA 2019.
here is lot of features but here is some I copied from website: http://pautac.fi/tuote/pautac-p-a-c-precision-alloy-chassis/

• Easy to install with drop-in design for TRG 22/42
  • Over the bold folding stock
  • Fixed stock version available
  • Chassis design to compatible with TRG’s factory trigger assembly and magazines
  • Full length monolithic 20 MOA STANAG 4694 NATO Accessory Rail for optical and electro-optical devices
  • Free float MLOK fore-end and multiple mounting point for M-Lok rails and accessories
  • Compatible with most AR pistol grips
  • MIL-A-8625F anodized finish in black, Cerakote available
  • CNC Machined from solid billet of 7075 alloy
  • Thumb rests on both sides of the chassis
  • Multiple QD sling flush mount socket in buttstock
  • Cheekpiece height adjustable and lockable
  • Buttstock length and height adjustable and lockable

Chassis will fit also to TRG 21 since action and trigger assembly is same as in TRG 22. Fixed and folding stock options are available.

19-03-19-Paukatti-Oy-4.jpg

Interesting, but I'm trying to get my head round this one - but admit I might have missed something?

You take the TRG barred action (Basically a T3 action and barrel) out of the existing TRG chassis stock and drop it into another chassis?

Why not just get a used T3, have an aftermarket barrel and trigger fitted and install in this new chassis?

Seems throwing away the bit that make a TRG expensive vs a 'normal' T3 is sort of, well , expensive?

T

Archived