Mega Muzzle Break

shrek

This ones mainly for you ronin as i know you like your big boomers with breaks! :lol:

DSC00159.jpg

DSC00160.jpg

The main reason for this isnt because im a lunatic.... its due to the rising cost of non toxic shot (tungsten matrix at 300quid for 5kg!!!!) Me an my father wanted to try steel, (obviosuly we're using a homemade shot cup to protect the bore)

And as all you fellas who wildfowl on here are to aware of for steel to be effective it needs to go FAST!!!!

My fathers last attemp at chronographing a punt gun lauched he chronograph into orbit! so i devised this idea to vent the blast away and just get a reading off the shot colum, this load was also being fired at the patten plate for more info on how the load was working!

Just thought id add it for anyone who is interested!

Shrek

classified information :lol:

The thing is, these photos where taken after the shot, everythin is still intact and in one peice thats enough data for now, all im goin to say is........

I wouldnt want to be a duck! B)

Was there a hole in the I beam before the shot mate :lol:

However the "brake" looks, it seems to have worked - at least the body of the Chronograph is intact anyway.

Nothing like improvisation, sure the ducks will not be pleased B):D:D:D

Are you using some sort of brass, plastic or copper "cup" to protect the bore?

Yea it worked great, the blast of these guns is unreal, make a 50bmg look like a airgun!

the shot cup is actually made from th cardboard tubes which greaseproof paper comes wrapped on, with a base araldited on then soaked in oil, seems to work well as the blast destroys the cup on leaving the muzzle, problem with using harder materials is getting it to open up and release the shot.....

dont really want to be firing a 10 oz steel slug, well not yet anyway still trying to work out my drop charts B) hahaha

scope mounts are abit tricky aswell :lol:

Archived