A good stuffing............ At the turkey farm!!!!

varminter

Well i have been very fortunate to be invited back up to Wales to stay with Dave ( 6mmBR ) to do some more varminting and foxing!!!!

The forcast was looking good for the weekend so off i went and arrived at Daves on Thursday!! , weather was a bit wet at first but as forecasted we have had some lovely weather on the Saturday so we went out for the afternoon for some varminting then back home in good time for the journey to Andys ( Nemesis 243 ).......

Andy was kind enough to invite myself with Dave for some foxing on a Turkey farm!!!! :lol:

Well what can i say but what a awesome evening we had!!!! :D , it was great to see Andy again so we got geared up and off to the turkey farm..

When we arrived Andy prepared one of the Kawasaki mules for action , i must say guys and girls this is the way to travel!!! :D

I will say this on a personal note that i do not do alot of foxing in Cornwall and when i do its normally when they are being a problem with lambs and poultry!!!

So it was great to be shown some serious action with Andy and Dave....

The boys was kind enough for me to shoot first , with Andy lamping /calling and Dave driving..

The first start of the session had me 5 foxes with my 6PPC and 58 V-maxes which is more than my personal best of four!!!! :D ..

Then it was Daves turn for the shooting with the Tactical Twenty and 40 V-maxs and he shot 3 foxes , i was having a awesome experince even though it was minus 3 in tempature!!!

At this point we decided to have a break and was kindly invited back to the works crib room for some hot chocolate / pot noddles and biscuits!!!!

So with our batteries recharged it was off again in the mule with myself shooting again!!!!!!

I could not beleave the amount of fox activity on this place!!!! ;) , and shot another 3 foxes!!!!! :D

So now it was Daves turn , and my turn at the wheel!!!! :lol:

Dave managed to shoot another 4!!!! , one which was a real trickey bugger but Dave soon sorted him out with a nice running shot!!!! :wub:

So there we are , all i can say is that i have had one of the most awesome experinces in my life with a total of 15 foxes shot in total and a personal best of 8!!!!!

Unfortunately 3 foxes were not recoverable due to the terrain!!!!!

Heres some photos..............

DSCF0896.jpg

DSCF0898.jpg

DSCF0899.jpg

I shall add some more photos when i get home ( if ever i want to leave this place that is!! ).....

I would just like to say a very big thankyou to Andy for giving us such a experince and teaching me some handy tips!!! :lol:

Dave as well for the kind invite to stay again and do do some more varminting with him!!!! :lol:

To share such a experince with likeminded people makes it that more rewarding!!!!!

THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the very best.......................

RAY....................................................

Well Andy thanks for a cracking night, what a superb nights foxing ;)

Well in all honesty all I can say is "The Toyminator" strikes again :wub: he came up to Wales in July and shot the sh*t out of my local rabbits :lol: and now he's come up again and shot the sh*t out of your foxes :lol:

I think the only solution will be for you and I to get our ass's down to Cornwall and shoot the sh*t out of some Cornish Varmints :lol:

I all honesty it was one of the best nights sport I have had the priviledge to participate in, great company, superb sport and a great crack :lol:

Fair play to Ray in all honesty he hasn't done a lot of foxing and he listened to tips from Andy and he shot like a demon last night, really getting into the groove.

As ever I enjoyed watching the shooting and having a crack myself.

I started the evening on a shacky note sadly missing my first fox :D which was really dissapointing.

We had a quick zero check and everything was on the button as my confidence was restored.

The next fox was across a small valley at 275 yards and the little .20 TAC flattened it, sadly it was one we couldn't retrieve as there was no easy way of crossing the gully.

The other shot I enjoyed was the bolting fox off the muck heap, he ran straight up the field and the old "Texas" heart shot sorted him out.

I just can't believe the foxes this place draws as it was only 3 weeks before I shot 5 in an hour there.

Thanks Andy a great trip and a red letter night.

Cheers

Dave

Glad you enjoyed it lads , it was great meeting up again with you both :lol: ,

Its great for me to see someone else have a crack at them as I get plenty of shooting myself :lol: ,

Had the farm manager on the phone this morning and as he drove round the fields he saw a couple more on one of the muck piles , so I mite have to go and have a look later to see if I can deal with these boys. :lol:

You both shot very well and its great that I wont have to many spooky foxes to deal with,as you know there are a couple of tricky one's that have been left over from the guys who used to run dogs on here :wub: , but as you saw last night with a little bit of field craft your able to nail the odd one :lol: .

Have a safe trip back to Cornwall ,hope to come down your way one day to have a look for a longrange bunny ;)

Well I hope Rays had a great weekend.

we've just got back in from an afternoons bunny bashing in this glorios sunshine.

The bunnies were showing up well on the gorse bank in the sunlight.

DSCF0322.jpg

Ray managed a few great shoots out to 250 yards and one bunny at 456 had a very lucky escape.

All in all a great weekend, sharing great company as ever. This is what varminting is all about comaraderie between people of like minds. Long may weekends like this continue.

Now off for a curry buffet and finish the weekend as it started by stuffing our faces instead of stuffing foxes.

Cheers

Dave

Guest northernchris

Cracking weekend by the looks of it lads :lol: Cant wait till we are down in Ogmoor again so i can come and visit ( aslong as the rain plays the game)

wow great write up & shooting Ray:-)

U said Andy had more foxs then we have bunnys & u werent kidding :lol:

Awsome

Ive not had chance to get out much but last monday I almost bettered my 505y crow with a 697yd magpie ssoooooooooooooo close!!!!

if the weather holds ill be out tomorrow me thinks

cheers ANdy

Guest varmartin

15 foxes in one night !!!! what a bloody good result...and one running away too !! I bet that was just as it caught a glimpse of ` The Toyminator`behind the lamp ??

Enough to scare any bugger...especially as the colour of his nose was ` danger red`.. :lol: (see pic)...must of been damd cold fellas..-3c...brrrrr.

Awesome stuff..good pics aswell..congrats to all.....Frakin invite me next time... B)

Hi Lads ,

Just want to thank you for your replies!!! :lol:

As promised heres some more pictures of the trip!!!!!.....

DSCF3355.jpg

DSCF3352.jpg

DSCF3360.jpg

DSCF3359.jpg

I would just like to again to thank Andy ( cheers Captin B) ) for his kindness and for sharing his knowledge as well with me!!! :D

And Dave for the invite to stay and to do some varminting!!!!! :D

You guys have made a very special memory that i shall never forget and i really apreciate it!!!! :D :D

All the best....................

RAY......................................... :D;)

Glad you enjoyed it Ray, shame the weekend went so fast.

I think you hit it just right with the weather, what a spectacular couple off days.

I'm still knackered after getting home at 5am Sunday morning.

We'll have to fix up a visit down with you and perhaps tie up with Silent for some long range fun.

Cheers

Dave

TAYBARNS are having to restock as a Cornish man nearly made them bankrupt :angry::lol:

Glad you had a good time Captain, email those pics when you can,

As Dave said hope to come down sometime. :D

Speak soon cheers Andy ;)

Cheers Lads!!!!! ;)

Dave i shall look forward to you and the Captin ( Andy ) , to come down to Cornwall so the Welsh fruit slayers can meet up with the Cornish ones for some long range Fun and some long range varminting too!!!! ;)

Always good to see you lads again!!!!!! :D;)

Just make sure you can talk Taybarns into opening a restaurant down here!!! :D;)

All the best lads.....................

RAY..................................... :D;)

Cheers Ray,sounds like a great idea. we'll have to get our heads together and sort out a time. Probably a visit will be best once the evenings start to pull out which will give us more time for playing.

Glad you liked Taybarns, it's one hell of a place to eat.

Speak soon

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Archived