Some pics of our new ground.

auquhollie

Well i thought i would post some pictures of the ground we have taken on. Its a 3500 acre wood. Made up of mostly scotch pine with some small blocks of hard wood on the higher ground. There are some real nice open areas on the tops were there are plenty of reds being spotted. Unfortunatly not an easy drag out through 1/2 mile of scotch pine.

There are plenty of open areas were the deer seam to filter through, just a case of being in there at the right time. This year alone there was 11 stags taken off. One of them a 12 pointer 185 KG stag.

Some of the veiws from the ground.

DSC00959.jpg

DSC00933.jpg

I was out for a drive round with the wife last week when she spotted a white arse sticking out the tree's on the far side of the valley. After close inspection it was a hind feeding along the edge of the tree line.

DSC00932.jpg

This was were i shot my first buck on the ground. It walked out of the tree's on the far bank. 185 yards.

DSC00972.jpg

Ads

Cracking ground there buddy, how far you got to pull them out when you shot them,?

Have to tried any Saltz Paste ,it does what it says on the TIn , might make your trips a bit more worth while ;)

Chris,

No mate its not. We did go past it though. Its 11mins from my door. Moving with reds and roe. Well so far not shot that much but the slotts on the highways are un real.

Nem,

Depends on were we shoot them. Ide say at the most 3/4 of a mile. Most of the ground you can work up the rides on the quad untill you come to were you want to be. I had Bruxie of here carry out a very large doe last saturday. He was like the walking dead when he got back (mind you so was i).

Trying the saltz paste on another farm at the moment. Andrew pasted a post on thursday and by monday evening it was all gone. Also got a few mollasses buckets !!!!!!

Ads

P.S Chris when you coming up ?. With this frost the deer are getting hungry(if you know what i mean).

You're a very lucky man.

Looks like an awesome bit of land.

There is nothing I want more than my own patch of stalking ground, hopefully it will happen one day.

Moses,

Just keep your ear to the ground. It will come your way one day.

I am loving haveing this ground. Like i said its only 11 mins from my door and it has plenty reds / roe to keep you going.

Thanks lads.

Ads

Guest northernchris

Ads

Trust me mate,i will be up asap just trying to get a plan sorted,more than likely it will be in the next 3-4 weeks max,just depends on parts turning up and people collecting stuff.Let me know what other stuff you want bringing up and i will sort it ;)

Chris,

No worries. I might have a re-barrel job for you. Its on a RG custom that Andrew bought. He is after a fluted varmint profile.

If you can get it i am after a tub of N160 as well.

I will be going away offshore right after crimbo so it will have to be before the 25th. You can get a couple of days stalking with us if you fancy it.

Ads

Ads

How many times I gotta tell ya........... that white ass you saw was mine :lol::blush::blush::D:D:D

Then you are lucky i didnt have the PPC. I cant seem to miss with that :D:D:D

Oh and what were you doing in my wood with nae clothes on :o

Ads :D

Archived