Nightforce repair vs Leupold

Dunc

I've about to buy a new scope for CSR - NXS 2.5-10×42 is the favourite at the mo but this changes daily!  I've narrowed my search down to probably a Nightforce NXS or one of the better Leupolds.  Currently using a Leupold Patrol - but the reticle (Firedot Special Purpose 0.88MOA thickness ) is on the thick side .  A little like the shooter it has to be said (before anyone else does....😁)

I believe the Leupold warranty and service is excellent although I have only one experience of sending back a rangefinder which was replaced by an upgraded new one!

What is the Nightforce repair experience like, particularly as I'd assume one needs to go through SGC?  I've seen mixed comments but these are a few years back and my recent experience with buying from SGC has been fine.  As this is going to be around a £2k purchase, and the scope will be used at least twice a month and will be dialled for all ranges, I thought I'd ask before jumping!

I do already have two big Nightforce scopes but thankfully, never needed any repair.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Dunc,

Bought an NXS s/h from this forum in excellent condition but just wouldn't hold zero. Tried it on various rifles and confirmed it was the scope.

Sent it back via SGC who said they'd checked it and were happy with the 3" group it held at 100 yds and wanted to send it back to me ! I politely refused and they sent it to the factory......4 weeks later came back fully repaired/serviced and looking like new !

Now holds a perfect zero on all rifles, although NF stated there was nothing wrong with the scope.......but they would wouldn't they 'cos they never go wrong !!

All considered, well happy with NF....less so with SGC !

Regards, Rob.

1 hour ago, Rob1562 said:

All considered, well happy with NF....less so with SGC !

Regards, Rob.

Thanks Rob, that's what I suspected given some older threads on here and elsewhere.  May have a few 'direct' questions for them at the Shooting Show...  Easier to ask now than after you've spent the money.  

Archived