New Pup for Christmas

Redfox

A friend of mine lost his dog a couple of weeks back, she was a nice well bred springer in liver and white, he and his missus rationalised she was old etc and werent going to replace her anytime soon.

He rang up yesterday morning at quarter to seven, was I working? well I said I dont have to until afternoon why?

I am going to look at some pups in Carlisle says he will you come and look them over.

Well long story short, we came back with a fat little springer bitch fast asleep on my knees, she is nicely marked, well bred, and will make a nice good looking dog and his wife thinks he is a hreo :P

Redfox

Youre right SE I had to hold myself back there was a really nice dog pup I could have brought home, but the old dog might have objected a bit. :P

Funnily enough the wife said it would have been nice! so after Christmas you never know, I like training young dogs, as you say puts a smile on your face.

Redfox

Nice tale.

Went to skipton market the other week and saw a sign for border collie pups, ended up buying one and the wife was so pleased I can't tell you how much :P

Anybody had any success or know someone with training a border collie for deer tracking ?

I have 4 girls and 1 lad left from the litter. They are ready now, just over 8 weeks old. Both parents are working dogs and i use the bitch for deer stalking. Priced at £350 each. Or some deer stalking. Full pedigree and KC registered. We are in South Yorkshire. Please pm me for contact and any further details.post-9173-1228235370_thumb.jpgpost-9173-1228235479_thumb.jpg

Nice to hear someone getting pleasure from training a nice dog , i just rescued a 6 month old yellow labrador bitch who was passed around to two different homes in one week until i took her. Poor thing was kept in a cage in the kitchen let out for a pee the back to the cage for 6 months and when i got her she was a wild thing, but i've had her since friday and she is doing fine , walking to heal , sitting , staying, and retreiving to hand which is great although my cocker bitch who is in pup and ready to drop in the next 2 weeks or so isn't impressed with this new dog much but she tollerates her ok.

Nice to hear about other people's interests aswell , nice thread guy's and some nice pic's too :):) .

CHEERS

CHRIS :rolleyes:

Archived