Before Deben offered the Lightforce with the integral dimmer we use to use the in line dimmer box that they sell and glue it onto the back of the housing so we could use it one handed.To be honest the lamp with the vari power already built in is a lot easier to use

Before Deben offered the Lightforce with the integral dimmer we use to use the in line dimmer box that they sell and glue it onto the back of the housing so we could use it one handed.To be honest the lamp with the vari power already built in is a lot easier to use

thanks for the reply, I went off half cocked I didnt say I am talking about the scope mounted version.

Hi Hughes.s,

I have spoken to deben about this before, they make two types of dimmer, one for the debens own brand lamps, and one for the lightforce range.

This is the one for deben lamps ( this is the one optics warehouse supply at £29.95)

http://www.deben.com/lights_lamping/tracer...accessories.php

and this is the one for lightforce lamps

http://www.deben.com/lights_lamping/lightf...mmer_switch.php

This is the one that should be supplied in the scope mounted kit, which is why it is more expensive than buying the lamp and dimmer separately. The cheaper one is not suitable for the lightforce range as it is not rated at 100w.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Jinks

Hi Hughes.s,

I have spoken to deben about this before, they make two types of dimmer, one for the debens own brand lamps, and one for the lightforce range.

This is the one for deben lamps ( this is the one optics warehouse supply at £29.95)

http://www.deben.com/lights_lamping/tracer...accessories.php

and this is the one for lightforce lamps

http://www.deben.com/lights_lamping/lightf...mmer_switch.php

This is the one that should be supplied in the scope mounted kit, which is why it is more expensive than buying the lamp and dimmer separately. The cheaper one is not suitable for the lightforce range as it is not rated at 100w.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Jinks

Thanks Jinks for that information, exactly what I needed to know, I will buy the kit instead of seperates, (more expensive but cheaper in the long term), Will wait till next week for the vat decrease to take effect.

Hughes.s

stores/shops are under no obligation to drop the vat. and they all so don't haver to tell us if they have.

ATB

Colin :lol:

Hi Colin,

If you are VAT registered, you MUST change the VAT rate to 15% however, you do not have to drop your selling price, it just means there is less vat content in the price.

Hi Colin,

If you are VAT registered, you MUST change the VAT rate to 15% however, you do not have to drop your selling price, it just means there is less vat content in the price.

I watched a program the other night, and they said it was up to the individual retailers if they passed the saving on to the customer.

IE if a rifle coasts £1000.00 now and then on the first of December you can still sell it for £1000.00

IE the retailer makes 2.5% more profit and the customer is none the wiser.

ATB

stores/shops are under no obligation to drop the vat. and they all so don't haver to tell us if they have.

ATB

I have noted prices from 3 web sites before the vat is due to decrease, even if two do not drop their vat to 15% and are still cheaper than the third that does, I will pay the higher price. I treat people fairly and ask much the same in return, I do not mind being taken for a ride as long as I

am in the carriage and not the horse.

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you all for the advice hughes.s

Archived