1913 M96 Swedish Mauser 6.5x55

For Sale is my beautiful 1913 M96 Swedish Mauser. This is the standard long rifle and predates the short rifle adopted just before WW2.

The rifle is in beautiful condition with very good blueing retained over most of the rifle, the bolt is in the white and highly polished.

I purchased her from By Sword and Musket a few years ago and have enjoyed owning her as these remain very accurate rifles, the 6.5x55 is still a viable cartridge in todays world I believe.

I'm only selling to fund a build for some long range shooting as my late middle aged eyes do in honesty struggle with open sights these days!

There are very faint sanding marks on one side of the stock, I'm guessing as a result of a number of years spent in the USA prior to my purchase, but the light really does have to be in the right place to notice the marks, they are very faint indeed but I want to mention it for the sake of transparency.

The rifle has the +2 front sight blade which brings it pretty much onto point of aim at 100 yards; it could be filed down a little more but that just felt wrong to me! The original +0 blade is included in the sale which give POI at POA at 300 yards/metres.

It's all numbers matching throughout with the exception of the cleaning rod, barrel and crown are superb and it has an original leather sling (not numbered).

This is a looooong old rifle, so pictures are of bits of it.

I'm seeking offers around £625 and it is for sale elsewhere, but if you're interested and have any questions, please just PM me.

IMG_0426.JPG

IMG_0432.JPG

IMG_0438.JPG

IMG_0439.JPG

IMG_0440 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0441.JPG

IMG_0442 - Copy.JPG

• 2 months later...

Archived