""BACK"" In the Game

nemasis243

Hi lads well have been laid up for a little while with a slipped disc, but tonight had an invite from a mate of mine to have a bit of a drive round :D

Oh and wasnt I glad to get out the house, I took a pain killer to calm things down and off we set.

We did most of the lamping off major farm tracks so i didnt have to do much walking, we stopped at a gate and had a call for a few minutes.

Across the other side off the field was a large bank ,every now and again we would get a glimps of a pair of eyes and they would disappear straight away :D

So I started calling on my hand ,rather than the wam call which I had been using,next thing the pair of eyes were glowing straight at me, all I could see was the mask of a fox surounded by grass, it was really odd to see,

Anyway I settled on the Xsticks and sqeezed off and smackedthe fox right in the head,but then it disappeard :blink:

Where did that go ,my mate asked me ,I replied" not sure but its dead"

We walked acroos the field about 240yrds to where the fox was , as we scanned the bank we noticed a hole in it and sure enough there was charlie fast asleep in the hole :D

10112008300.jpg

We pulled him out and there wasnt anything left of its face , not a pretty site, we carried it over to the gate by the lane and left it for the farmer to see.

We moved of a couple of miles to another place and parked up, we opened a gate to a large sheep field and went in about 150yrds and started calling,

Its a place we have shot many times before and always get good results.

Tonight wasnt going to prove us wrong, next thing there are 3 pairs of eyes moving towards us form different parts of the field.

I said to my mate left first,as the light hit him at about 130yrds ,I gave a bark and true to form he put the brakes on , then the same with second at about 80yrds and then the third which by the time I shot him ,was moving away about 190yrds to my right.

10112008301.jpg

We decided to call it a night as the moon was glowing bright and the was a hint of rain in the air,

As we drove down a lane that we use as a short cut and I lamped a field off to our right , I had a glint of eyes ,so we pulled into the next gate as the two fields we joined, I got out with the rifle and my Xsticks and got set up using the gate to lean on , my mate flicked the lamp on and here was the charlie mooching about in the field about 250yrds away.

I sqeezed off and the round screemed towards her , thump ,hitting the fox rite in the shoulder ,a nice big Vixon . so it was 5 for 5 and home.

10112008302.jpg

Must say the old back is a bit sore as I am writing this but I was real glad to get out and enjoy what I love to do :D ,

Cheers NEM. :D

Glad to see your BACK to your old ways, and nearly mended Andy, great shooting.

Sorry to her about your break in, all my reloading gear is all packed up ready for the up coming move, but if you can wait two weeks I've got a RCBS priming tool and a couple of loading trays and I'll see what other bits I have suplus to requirements. Hope they find the f****rs

Steve

Archived