Went out for a wander yesterday with a mate

I was getting really bored sat at home yesterday, until a good mate of mine rang and said "do you fancy an hour out stalking", well I thought about it for a millisecond or so and jumped at the chance. An hour later we were on our way to the stalking ground that has a few Fallow roaming around the place , gets to the forestry gates, gears up with all the usual bits you need for a nice evening walking about with a musket over your shoulder and head into the forest tracks, not more than 5 mins in and we see a 2 nice does and a follower, but the little follower spots us first and they wander off ( :lol: bit more of this needed me thinks), we walk another 2-300 yrds and a nice young pricket shows itself in a bit of clear fell - stalk is on :lol: - he is just nibbling away at the under growth without a care in the world and the wind is in our favor, I walk into about 80yrds and manage to get down on the bipod over a fallen tree and place the cross hairs right between his eyes ( bloke who owns the land wants em head or neck shot ) and Bang......... my 6.5x55 hits him right in the middle of the eyes and down goes the young buck :angry: . We grolloch and leave him on the forest road to pick up later. We then wander on for a while until we come across another 8 does and followers and my mate is on his rifle in a flash and another bit of venison is in the bag (good neck shot at about 125yrds or so). We decide that’s enough for the evening and walk back to the landy, so we can go pick up our 2 fallow - we must have seen at least another 12 or so on the way back, so plenty more to stalk over the season.

DSC00321.jpg

Archived