What Real Mates are About

nemasis243

Well had an unexpected 30minutes this evening.

Last Sunday night I slipped a disc and for the past week have been laying on the floor and taking some really powerfull painkillers :lol: and have been pulling my hair out that I have been laid up :angry:

So ,tea time tonight 2 mates of mine rang me up to see how I was doing, the conversation was mostely about taking the mickey out of me and about all of the charlies that would be safe and running around because I have been laid up :lol:

Anyhow next thing they where parked outside in the Shogun and banging on the door.

So I hobbled to the door and opened it and was greeted by" come on you old B********D , your comming with us , we have a surprise for you"

I very gingerly got into the front seat of the truck and put my seat belt on," where we going I asked " , its a surprise I was told.

We drove about 2 1/2 mile and turned into a gate way, the lights on the truck went out and from the backseat I was passed a .222 rifle and 3 rounds.

"Load this up and dont F*****G Miss" I was ordered by my mate Phil.

The Drivers window opened and Tom put the lightforce lamp out of it and turned it on , we kept going into the field following a fresh track and slowely come over the top of a rise in the field ,

"Get ready " so I put the fore end of the rifle on top of the wing mirror,then the lamp swung onto a carcus which had a Charlie feasting on it.

I dropped the bolt and eased pressure on the trigger , BANG the foxes just flopped where he was standing .

"There you are you misserable bugger that will put a smile back on your face"

14122007019.jpg

The lads had been watching the carcus for a couple of days and had been into the field just before they come to pick me up ,so they knew the charlie wouldnt be far away. :D

So its a big thanks To my mates and back to laying on the floor and a couple of pain killers , but it was well worth it ;)

Nice one Andy thought you wouldn't stay in for long.

Just got back from Cornwall today, the weathers been rough.

I think we'll probably need to cancel for the weekend and book another one when the weathers a bit better and get Ray down then.

Speak to you soon.

Dave

Archived