Reloading bench legs

SteveW

I'm just about to move house and will finally have a room to set up for handloading :lol::o

So what I need your help for is, where can I purchase heavy duty adjustable metal legs to set up the work area, I have thought about timber but decide the metal option would better suit my needs.

Have done a trawl through Goggle but have drawn a blank so far.

Thanks for looking guys, any suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers

Steve

Steve why do they have to adujst, you could always get some adjustable aluminium scaffolding legs and cut them down it depends where there going in the house

Hi Andy,

I was only considering that the floor maybe running out a touch, and to give me enough to level up the top.

Aluminium tower scaffold legs are worth considering, but I wondered if there was an off the shelf type option.

Cheers Steve

Stevie I built a shooting bench a while back using adjustable legs from ikea

these arent the exact ones but similar, they worked great for me

ikea

they do some other legs as well, may be worth a look.

Thanks guys for the replys.

Craig, hadn't even thought of looking there, great idea :lol::lol: Was there any movement when you did operations like full length sizing ???

Bob, I couldn't access your link, even tried accessing www.mykitchenbits.com to no avail, could you possible re check the address for me, sounds interesting.

Cheers

Steve

Thanks guys for the replys.

Craig, hadn't even thought of looking there, great idea :lol::lol: Was there any movement when you did operations like full length sizing ???

Bob, I couldn't access your link, even tried accessing www.mykitchenbits.com to no avail, could you possible re check the address for me, sounds interesting.

Cheers

Steve

sorry bud its gone tots up on me too.

will have another look though.

http://www.justoffbase.co.uk/Trestle-Adjus...eg-Sealey-FTAL1

that might be of some help.

bob.

:lol:

stevie I actually use ther table for shooting off

DigitalCamera043.jpg

its rock solid with all my kit on it, I think the legs would easily take fl sizing without too much flex, if you were worried about flex ikea do legs with a much thicker base plate which should take out any movment, I went for the lighter ones as the bench had to be protable therefore not weigh too much.

I did make a reloading bench also and have to admit that it worked out great, it was originally supposed to be a portable bench but I find now I use it for everything except fl sizing, juts a black & decker workmate with the top taken off and replaced with a plywood bench

DigitalCamera093.jpg

its perfect for the lighter stuff, I am about to move in 2 weeks myself and will have some room for a new bench myself so I am sure I will be getting the book out and doing a few drawings to see what I can come up with, thinking of using mostly mahogany for some reason with some nice 3x3 mahogany legs, be lucky if its done this time next year though!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Steve, have you considered some of the flat pack work benches that are available? I have just bought one from Machine Mart made by Clarke (which I think is their own brand) it is blue with a lockable cupboard, sliding draw and shelf. It cost about £65 I think. It was a bit of a bummer to build as there were no instructions but I like a challenge! I quickly gave up on the fiddley nuts and bolts supplied and used rivets which made life alot easier. Free standing, it would not be solid enough for reloading but if you rag bolted it to a wall like a gun cabinet it would be excellent. Machine Mart do quite a range of this sort of thing, whenever they send me a catalog I seem to find something else that I really need, I bought a bench mounted belt/disc sander recently which is great for squaring up deer trophies.

Craigyboy, I think that you have staged those photos! How come your workshop isn't full of junk, unfinished projects, unstarted projects, car boot sale treasure, dead chainsaws etc and how come your loading bench isn't covered in spilt powder, spent primers, coffee cups, rounds that you can't remember what they're loaded with, single scope rings missing one screw and worn out cleaning brushes that you can now use for the next calibre down or is that just me! JC

Cheers again guys,

Have to say I agree with you JC275, Craigyboy your workshop and reloading bench are making me green with envy. :D:o

Many thanks for the ideas, will check out some of them over the weekend.

Good luck with the up coming move Craig. :o

Steve

those phots do look a little tidy :lol: , if you could see the whole workshop it doesnt look quite as neat, all the crap is hid behind sheets of plywood :angry:

JC275 there is actually a broken 14" Sthil chainsaw just out of shot under my workbench, been meaning to fix it for ages :lol:

Archived