What calibre

kip270

Hmm, now you've got me! I'd say probably none, but then there's no harm in getting one anyway. Dead is dead, and a bigger calibre just reinforces your intentions ;)

I generally mean business when I squeeze on my .243 or .308. These large calibres aren't a knob thing surely. :)

Pete.

I generally mean business when I squeeze on my .243 or .308. These large calibres aren't a knob thing surely. :lol:

Pete.

I guess if you're used to a big shooter then you just enjoy using them :D

I enjoy shooting with big stuff. I hit a squirrel with my .375 the other day because I'm out in Canada and it was too good a shot to miss. I guess seeing as I'm away from the usual calibre restrictions of home I just wanted to make the most of it :o

A .243 seems to be an obvious choice as an in between gun. I shoot a 6.5x55 back at home so it's kind of half way between a .243 and a .308. There isn't anything in the UK that a Swede can't kill cleanly, but I like the .375 just as a toy if I'm honest.

I guess if you're used to a big shooter then you just enjoy using them :D

I enjoy shooting with big stuff. I hit a squirrel with my .375 the other day because I'm out in Canada and it was too good a shot to miss. I guess seeing as I'm away from the usual calibre restrictions of home I just wanted to make the most of it :o

A .243 seems to be an obvious choice as an in between gun. I shoot a 6.5x55 back at home so it's kind of half way between a .243 and a .308. There isn't anything in the UK that a Swede can't kill cleanly, but I like the .375 just as a toy if I'm honest.

Enough said, I'd never knock anybody's choice, I just have to ask the question that's all.

Did you wound the the Cyril, or wasn't it enough gun? :lol:

Pete.

Maybe a strange question, but why do you want something in between? .222 can take most small things easily out to a few hundred yards, and the .270 is a great deer round that can be lowered to fox for as far as you're comfortable with the trajectory. Have you considered going bigger? .300wm or RUM would be my choice :lol:

If they made it legal for Roe in England & Wales i would use my .222, but as sods law will dictate, if i went out after Muntjac with the .222 i would only see Roe!!! Nothing wrong with the .270, using 130 grain bullets, works well on Deer and Fox, but as i have a spanking new spare scope, i was thinking of another rifle, but bigger than my .270 i don't need to go as it will do all i need it too for the larger Deer species.

It seems that a 6mm of some kind would be a good choice then. .243 is the obvious choice for availability of ammo. Seems a strange way to go though, buying a scope then trying to figure out what rifle to put it on. Each to their own and all that, but I've never heard of anyone doing things in this order before :o

I have no idea what happened to the squirrel, I couldn't find it :D

It seems that a 6mm of some kind would be a good choice then. .243 is the obvious choice for availability of ammo. Seems a strange way to go though, buying a scope then trying to figure out what rifle to put it on. Each to their own and all that, but I've never heard of anyone doing things in this order before :o

Well the scope came along at the right price, plus i have a spare Leupold in my cabinet too.

I would like to get into long range target shooting but for that i'll be looking for a NF scope, but not just yet.

Archived