Mobile high seat!

Thought i would add these photos of another "little" project i had back in the summer (what small summer we had anyway). On a personal note im not stupid enough to sit in it whilst lamping (far comfyer in the cab, im the driver anyway, however the seat was dug out of a scrap yard and came off an OAP stairlift, therefore it has a seatbelt!!!! dont know what plod would say about it tho hahaha!! My lamping partner assures me its the best lamping platform hes ever shot off!

Just looking forward to any of my mates getting married, as its going to be a top quality tar and feather, and parade through town peice of kit hehehe :unsure:

P6250619.jpg

P6250621.jpg

I shot this one out the window, as my mate was sitting up in the seat, with his rifle..ready!! The magazine however was in the glovebox :P

PIC00793.jpg

Now thats what im talking about !! Im with you though shrek, im the driver !!. Not inless you can get a diesel space heater up top there :P:unsure:

Haha, yea it does get rather chilly up there! however i had a thought after i posted this thread last night, if you legally have to have one foot on the floor when shooting deer from a vehicle, would this contraption be legal to park up and shoot deer from...... of have i just opened up a can of worms regarding shooting from a high seat in general????? :P

not that i am going to shoot deer from it as i havent got the ground conditions or the deer to warrant it! What are the legalities from shooting from a vehicle in general??

You would be ok stopped anyway. Just dont go on the road with anybody in the seat though as Mr Plod would be able to fill his book at your expense, in fact it is illegal to go on the road with anybody in the loadspace as it is not deisgned as a passenger carrying part of the vehicle and has no seatbelt or safety features, local milkman found that out a few months back.

Redfox

Hi Shrek,

Nice bit of work, very neat and tidy!. All it needs is central heating and double glazing. :lol:

You could box the front and sides with light plywood so as to cut down the draughts a little, I suppose.

Is there room enough for the shooter and a lamper or does the lamper operate from the cab?.

WRT shooting deer, if the vehicle is stationary with the engine off, I would think that it is no different from a normal high seat.

I am open to correction, but I don't remember anything in the Deer Acts which forbids shooting deer from a vehicle - only using a vehicle/aircraft to drive them - or summat like that?. Anyone?.

Peter

PeteL I donno about the law regarding vehicle use, i was told that if shooting from a vehicle that one foot had to be on the ground however i could have got the complete wrong end of the stick!

Regards the lamping, most of the lamping is done by me in the cab, however i have got a direct 12V link from the battery to the pick up bed so the unfortunate soul sitting in the ice box can also lamp, and we both use scope mounted lamps anyway so when it comes to taking the shot the shooters got control of the light, nothing worse that someone, especally an inexperienced lamper ###### about with the lamp beam when your trying to line up on charlie!!

Archived