Out at last

dogfox

We manage to get out last night after a long period of no lamping and we manage to shoot 5 foxes. Three for me and two for Twanky.

The first couple of field we look over were bare but for a couple of rabbits. we drove down in to a little valley where Twanky said was always good for a fox and he was not wrong as out in the middle of the field was a fox. I quickly loaded up and took the shot and that that was the first one down for the night. We then lamped around the rest of the field and there was a fox in the top left corner of the field. Twanky gave a lip squeak and the fox started to run towards us. It stopped out to about a 100 yards and that was number two for the night. We also saw another fox but it did not want to know so we will meet up with it again.

We then swapped over and it was Twanky turn for a shot. We then drove up the road were we saw a fox sat in the hedge. We drove up a private road where we could look down the hedge but we could not get a shot because the hedge was in the way. I gave a squeak but the fox did not want to know and he went through the hedge and stopped in the field giving Twanky a shot and that was number 3 in the bag.

We then drove to another farm where there was a fox out in the middle of the field and it gave a nice shot for Twanky and that was number 4 in the bag. We then swapped over and it was my turn to shoot again. As we were making our way home a fox crossed the lane and Eddie who was driven spotted it so he carried on down the lane untill he came to a gate which we mange to drive just into the field. Enable me to make it number 5 for the night. We did manage to see about another three or four foxes but they did not present us with a safe shot.

So It was a good night out 5 shots for 5 foxes and it was nice to be out. We will try and get out in the week again.

Sorry no photos as I forgot the camera.

Dogfox

This is the third time Iv written this as it keeps logging me out , anyway nice one there 5 for 5 great going :blink: , Ye the old weather aint been kind at all , I was out last nit and had another 4 but the ground was like a sponge, :(

hope this gets posted this time :rolleyes:

:o:rolleyes::blink:

Hi Dogfox

When I read the post title I thought, he's brave "coming out" on open forum :(:lol: Sorry DF couldn't resist.

Great shooting there guys, dont forget the camera next time, would love to see some pic's

Lol Steve

Archived