good old stink tube

bramble basher

Nice going, she does look a little vixen.

What did you fill the tube up with?

I think I should make myself one. Since the days when you could leave a dead sheep out as bait are gone. I've been using dog biscuits and cat food mixed. The old stink tube looks like a good plan,

Cheers

Dave

hi Dave that tube was filled with plain rabbit gut's and a couple of skins have tried all sorts since I've been using tubes (about 2 years) dead chickens ain't bad also if they come for free you carn't beat adding a mackrel or too but basically anything that smells .

on the subject of making a tube it's been covered on here before but if you can get them the one in the picture is made from an old military shell holder picked it up from the local army surplus store couple of quid, drill a few holes attach piece of chain not rope job done :)

I forgot about these, I meant to make a few ages ago, a cutting of 4 inch wavin pipe and 2 end caps would do the job nicely. Must get tinkering over the weekend.

Have used something similar from time to time, I found I got best results when it was nice and warm and things got a liilte high inside the tube ,

I hope you got a strong stomach when comes the time you have to give it a top up ;)

Archived