remington vsf

I had chance for a few sighting shots yesterday, the stock length of pull is very short and the palm swell is too chuncky. Can a hs stock be sanded and adjusted to fit, if not what synthetic stocks in left hand do you recommend for a remington 22/250 vsf for varminting/long range target. Can a stock be imported from the states without any hassle.

I had chance for a few sighting shots yesterday, the stock length of pull is very short and the palm swell is too chuncky. Can a hs stock be sanded and adjusted to fit, if not what synthetic stocks in left hand do you recommend for a remington 22/250 vsf for varminting/long range target. Can a stock be imported from the states without any hassle.

Plenty of stocks available for remmingtons, do a search for (of the top of my head) Mcmillan, Robertson, H&S Precision, Bell & Carlson, Houge.

There's no problem importing from the states ( no import/export licences required for stocks) Just make sure you allow for possible import duty in your budget.

The McMillan A series is popular for long range work (A3 & A5), but waiting times are currently about 7 months unless the happen to have a left handed in stock ( have a look in the 'specials' section on their website.)

Also have a look with SYSS or jackson rifles in the uk, both have or can get aftermarket stocks for remmys. With current exchange rates an by the time you pay shipping and import duty, there may not be much difference between UK & US prices.

Accuracy international stocks are nice but dont think they do a left handed.

Hope this helps,

Cheers, Jinks

Not sure I would like to sand a HS down to see as I am unsure what the shell thickness is....

The Mcmillan hunter style stocks tend to have a thinner palm swell than tha A series.

Bell and Carlson make aftermarket stocks that are similar to HS (ally bedding block)

If you want a cheap alternative to composite, find a standard Rem laminate stock and doctor to suit your palm, then re seal.

I have a couple of ADL short action stocks here, your welcome to one to mess about with but you will have a blind magazine and its not a laminate....you pay postage.

Not sure I would like to sand a HS down to see as I am unsure what the shell thickness is....

The Mcmillan hunter style stocks tend to have a thinner palm swell than tha A series.

Bell and Carlson make aftermarket stocks that are similar to HS (ally bedding block)

If you want a cheap alternative to composite, find a standard Rem laminate stock and doctor to suit your palm, then re seal.

I have a couple of ADL short action stocks here, your welcome to one to mess about with but you will have a blind magazine and its not a laminate....you pay postage.

current waiting time from mc millian is 5 months approx or so i am told, you have a choice of the A2 and A5 for lefties as i am one, and the A5 is made as an ambi also, So handy to sell on if you ever fancy selling...........

Archived