Eagle taking wild goat off side of a mountain!!!

Guest martin

Some of it looks real but the last part where the eagle is flying away from the camera looks to be fake in my opinion. You hear the goat bleat but no other sounds such as wing beats etc when the eagle strikes.

Impressive if it's real.

A falconer friend of mine has told me about Eagles being used to hunt foxes, I think it's around Kazakhstan (excuse spelling). I would hazard a guess that the goat is a kid? I've been out with him a few times flying his Goshawk, it really is a wonderful sight to see a bird of prey at work. If I had the time, It's something I'd love to get in to.

eagles etc are used to hunt lots of different stuff, I have seen videos of golden eagles take down foxes without too much fuss, and have you ever seen the size of an american bald eagle?????????? I have no doubt an american bald eagle could easily take down a goat, not sure what the eagle was in the vid though but it was big enough to do the job on a goat.

It's a Golden Eagle, not sure how they managed to get the camera angles.

Friends travel to Hungary every year to hunt with Golden Eagles, and they take Roe/Fox and feral cats, and if there is any stray dogs about they are not about for long :)

Archived