IT'S GETTIN BETTER ALL THE TIME

nemasis243

Well the ground up the local mountains is so wet ,it was on foot tonight ,anyway we got all geared up and set off from one of the sheep stations that are scattered around up there,it wasnt long until we come upon a charlie have a nibble at a very old carcus, a nice shot to start the night of 185yrds.

18102008275.jpg

then through another gate and another pair of eyes about 150 yrds away

18102008274.jpg

Another two fields and heres another fox sniffing in the grass , lasered this one at 224yrds

18102008273.jpg

After anothe couple of fields we came across another one on another carcus, these dead sheep dont last long up on these hills , as soon as the lamp hit him he was on the move, he stopped for a split second and it gave me enough time to put a round into him from 192yrds away.

18102008272.jpg

We started to drop round the back of one the old paddocks and there was another 2 sets of eyes off in the distance, I got the call out but nothing was interested, so I decided to take the shot from the position I was in, a cracker from 296yrds away.

10102008257.jpg

The other charlie moved off to our right and dissapeared over the brow of a big hill, so we set off after it ,after I got a picture of the one I just shot.

We got over the crest which was about a quarter of a mile away , I can tell you now the old lungs were burning a bit by now. and we scanned the fields below us three sets of eyes in three different fields,

So I got down on the bipod and sqeezed off at the closest one at 200yrds away, a corker of a head shot ,

11102008258.jpg

Then lit the second one up , pinged him with the laser 271yrds , loaded a round and goodnite,

Another head shot , I was on a role now and felt i could hit anything,but you still have to keep your wits about you.

12102008259.jpg

As we were making our way back down the hill towards the truck, we scanned another pair of eyes way off in the distance, there was a charlie just sitting bolt upright,with not a care in the world, I said to my mate "Ill have a sqeak" but once again ,the fox wasnt interested in it :rolleyes:

"Ping that one", I said, 346 was the reply, I said to my self we is slightly down hill so gave it a few inches over the top.

I took my time on this one and made sure everything was rock solid , so it was gently does it and bingo , I knew I had hit him high but it wasnt until I went and picked him up ,was that my last shot of the nite resulted in anothert fox, another cracking head shot :blink:

We must have walked about 4 or 5 mile in total and eventually arrived back at the truck.

We had planned on doing another 2 farms last night, but we were both knackered as we both were out the night befor , :rolleyes:

12102008260.jpg

So it was 8 tonight , they are starting to really mount up on the talley board now

I hope I get these photos on here,as I am having with dowloading pics onto photobucket

Cheers Andy,

top shooting ,you are the man :rolleyes: are you sure your farms arnt being used as release sites for foxs by the rspca..going by the amount of foxs you have shot :rolleyes:

Andy,

Good Heavens, more again, eight this time! How do you do it?.

How about giving us a running total?. It's going to be impressive at the end of the year, I'm sure. Although I've not kept a total until this year, I don't think I've shot anywhere near 300 since I started taking fox shooting seriously about 10-12 years ago. I think we all look forward to writeups like this, to see how others do it and pick up a tip or two along the way. Keep up the good work - both shooting and writing.

So, just to start off a bit of a thread and as a matter of interest, does anyone keep a record of numbers of foxes shot per annum?.

Peter

You are better off at Hunt101.com for pics as photobucket will delete your shot animals pics sooner or later, they did away with some of mine that I had lost when the pc went down, so now they are lost forever ;)

Just set up an account and post the link on here just the same. Good going so far Andy.

PeteL I keep accopunt of what I shoot each year, although partly through the weather I have not been able toget on the land so much. I am on 38 this year and had 73 last year,, best year was 2003-4 when I had 167, but I am usually quickly on the case and so they dont breed anywhere near as much these days. :lol:

Redfox

Archived