Sound Moderators

Hi All,

I currently have .243 and a .270 rifles, both with T8 sound moderators on.

I'm changing my .243 for a different spec rifle and am selling my current .243, complete with sound mod.

I would like to use the T8 from my .270 for both the .270 and my new .243. I know this is OK in terms of being able to fit,

as long as I get a new back bush bored out for the .243.

So my questions are......

Will the fact that the T8 on the .270 has a larger bore than the T8 on the current .243 (.30 as opposed to .25) have

any affect on accuracy and sound dampening ?

How will changing back bushes affect accuracy? Currently I always remove the Mod after a shooting session,

and this does not affect POA in any way.

Has/Does anyone out there do this at the moment?

Tikka

The difference will be negligable and I wouldn`t worry about using a 243 on a 30 cal mod.Theres no difference with accuracy and as far as my ears go I can`t tell much sound difference.Not the difference to warrant the cost of a seperate mod anyway ;)

I know a lot of shooters who use the same mod on several different guns and haven`t heard of any concerns from them

The back bush is only there to aid stability in the field and if fitted properly(not in contact with the barrel)shouldn`t make any difference whatsoever to the shot.I`ve known lads to use them without the bush in at all but probably wouldn`t recommend it :P

WSM

WSM, Jayb. Thankyou for your replies.

I thought as much but just wanted to double check.

Thats another £250 saved that can go towards a new scope!

hi -

you will be OK to use the same mod no problems at all.

if you can get the gun smith to put you a o ring in the bush, this will stop the bluing being worn off.

or fit the mod with a bit of tape between the bush and barrel

the oring is best,but the tape works fine as well. and all ways take of your mod when you have done shooting.

ATB

Colin ;)

Archived