Warcop FCSA UK 18th Sept - updated Pics

As far as I am aware the shoot is ON, (subject to change as ever :rolleyes: )

Who's going?

Last week was a hoot, maybe have ETR's this week if Landmark have sorted their dispute :lol:

Ya Maaan!!!!

BTW.

There are roadworks at Crackenthorpe so add about half an hour to your trip, as one of our works lot was there tonight and he said it was a soddin long wait to get through.....

Hey Shrekles.... you comin' down mate????? there's a cot at mine friday night if you need it.

Havent got my membership sorted out yet mate, 308's in bits and i've got chester of ths site coming over to mine to try his hand at some long range stuff, and im gotin to be playing with exbal!! hehe

If i get time, and i'll let you know asap, i mite shoot down on saturday morning (depending on what time you would be leaving)

Dont know yet if i need to attend a work party to erect a bridge ( oh i mean "crossing" as according to the consil a bridge has to be weight tested and certified.... bo**ocks) out onto the saltmarsh.

As i say you'll know asap!

No worries mate.

l'll be off fairly early, but you can drag your sorry arse down anytime you know that. The Ratwife may be following along latter depending on how she's fixed with the Nags, l'm not too sure yet.

Just need to service the cooker do the shoping and throw about 100rnds together, oh yes and drop a bambi for Heronlegs in the morning after my shift just to put the pressure on :rolleyes: a little.

D.

Look forward to seeing you both there, got word from John that the shoot is ON.

Taking usual cannons but may be low on 338 ammo as awaiting bullet delivery (ordered beginning of week) lots of reloading tonight if they arrive :rolleyes:

Forecast was good yesterday - cold and dry.

Had an enjoyable but moist day that was cut short unexpectedly as the range closed early.

Once again, great company, good to meet up with Ratwhiskers and Shrek, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did - till the next time lads ;)

I feel a "boomer calling" for more than one of us :rolleyes::wub::blink::lol:

For those that are interested a few pics

Steyr 50 cal

_ASC0132.jpg

Same model Steyr

_ASC0135.jpg

50 just let go at 2000 mtr hard target

_ASC0130.jpg

Another shot, this time at 3000 mtr, yes I did say 3000 mtr hard target, I hoped to capture the tracer, not sure if I did.. the target is as same leve at tree line to left and just at the point where light green meets dark green on hill (target is a tank hull)

_ASC0125.jpg

Guess who?

DSCN1305.jpg

Again, shooting small targets with our own rifles at silly distances was much fun and excellent practice, nearest targets taken were 500 yards, farthest witnessed shot today by my buddy and I (he had a 7mm RM, myself with 338) was 1350 mtrs - both called hits although have to say target was about a meter square.

Was wet and windy, blowing average 13mph from 7 oclock, not ideal, but these are inanimate objects not animals :rolleyes:

It was interesting though that all the guys who came from the site, with any of the rifles had first round cold bore hits at the 500 yard target - this measures about 6 inches in diameter.... B)

Many thanks to ronin and ratwhiskers for the company, and ronin, it was very much appreciatied allowing me loose with your toys, that 1000 yard rock was not a happy bunny! :rolleyes:

Im sure everyone had a great day even with it being shortened, however i wil look forward to the next shootday and hope you can make it up agian!

Nextime i will have my toys down, if they will ever be able to mach what yours can do i will be chuffed!

Shrek

Well back in the office so time to say thanks to Young Shrekles and Ronin for what ( as was said) was a short but fun morning of jousting with the wind in various calibres. Andy many thanks for the loan of the mat, l'm bldy remember my own next time.....

l just need to get the 20moa rail and l'm good to go instead of kentucky hold over.

Till the next time chaps.

ATB.

Ratty.

Both of you are more than welcome, despite the weather, I had much fun.

You will get a 20 MOA rail from Brownells at reasonable cost (Farrell are good)

Untill next time ;)

Paul

the short answer would be yes from me, but I would have to square it with the FCSA secretary, this , I dont think would be an issue, especially if there was the opportunity to get more members and people interested in what we do (I say we as I am a member but without a .50")

This may change, although I may make something .092" smaller in diameter, but I may need to move on the Surgeon 308 in order to do this,,,;)

The shoots take place at Sennybridge and Llansilin, which are about a 4 hr drive for me, so I tend to only go to the ones local to me (at Warcop) for you guys I guess it would be a 2 1/2 hr drive (but worth it) if you want to stretch the legs of your existing kit and (or) shoot bigger things.

Its worth going just to see the reaction of guys shooting the big stuff (dazed expression and dribbling "I want one" is usually the case)

There is, as ive posted, scope to go out to 3 kilometers at the range.

Realisticaly, you need access to a good spotting scope (or riflescope) and someone to act as spotter if you go beyond 1000 yards as impacts are hard to see even with something like a 338 beyond that distance.

I will post something and e-mail / telephone people in plenty of time for the next one up here so there is plenty of warning, the downside of Warcop is that if the military pull out at the last minute, the shoots are cancelled due to a local by law (no military presence, no civilian shooting)

When you do come, you will realise that 1000 yards really isnt very far at all, providing you have the come ups or holdover on your scope and of course your cartridge doesnt run out of steam :lol:

There were guys there on sat using 7.62x39 straight pulls, out to 1000 yards and hitting hard targets every time, great to watch the tracer and fall of shot.

Like I say, I will let all know in good time when the next one is due.

Archived