MDT lss or similar

Aggy

Has anyone any experience with the modular chassis type systems ,I am about to get a cz 452 .17 hmr Just for a bit of plinking really ,I just don’t like polished wood stocks they just don’t do it for me and because it’s an inexpensive gun I don’t mind buggering about with it a bit .

cheers mick 

A guy on here made his own chassis and put airsoft AI skins on it so worth a search on here.  As for your original question, not sure I'd spend £400 to go on a plinker.  As you don't mind "buggering about", I'd be looking for something cheaper for something else and altering to fit, other alternative is to fit an aftermarket laminate, and you don't have to live with polished wood, strip it, build up and mould the pistol grip with devcon, fit an adjustable cheekpiece and paint it

Hi, 

i built the light green one for a CZ452 17 hmr, from old airsoft parts - side plastic skins, butt spacers, cheek peice & front bipod mount block.

the dark green one was for a CZ527 .17 Hornet using AICS skins and a few airsoft parts - front bipod , butt plates & cheek piece. 

Both were built on a 30mm alloy box chassis, the only difference was that the Hornet version also used a 25mm box alloy peice for the rear section, where as the HMR ( doesn't have any recoil) using the thicker plastic airsoft sides, meant that this was unnecessary.

They both worked / work really well & improved the accuracy over the original wood stock  on both rifles. 

I no longer have the HMR as I sold this earlier this year, however the hornet is in constant use ( was out last night with me ) and is alway a pleasure to shoot.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I do like the Ai or viper skins idea and I guess a mdt would be up around £550 £600 mark after buying it and the other parts required to finish it .

The unfortunate short answer is NO, I don't .

hopefully this picture should answer a part of your question, it's the only one I have of any of them in them in an early stage of development 

the big hole where the mag would have gone, is still used by the much smaller mag, and being that it is smaller, you actually need the room to be able to get the mag in and out , especially on the CZ452 as the mag release is on the bottom of the stock in front of the trigger guard - adjacent to the action screw. The CZ527 is different as the mag release is on the side.

The cost of the parts for the stock was about £ 100 for the Cz452 & about £160 for the cz527 the extra cost being the AI skins. I was lucky that I managed to source a couple of old airsoft stocks for the donar parts quite cheaply - obvously that does not include the labour and other bits I already had lying about.

i suppose it comes down to how much of a cavalier attitude you have, either buy one off the shelf and enjoy it

or fettle about and be prepared for a bit of problem solving, with the hope that you dont screw it right up and it goes in the bin ( the stock that is ) 

image.jpeg

Archived