Stalking clothing

Scotch_egg

I have been the proud owner of a jakt jakt (or however you spell it) jacket and trousers for a couple of years now, and let me tell you it took alot for me to leave my trusted barbour.

Now the jakt stuff is great value but it leaked on my recent trip to the hebrides and I want something better. Now I can see the benefits of leaving waxed cotten (even barbour are leaving it behind) please can people tell me what they use and if you would recommend it. At the minute I have my eye on something from the nomad line. However I am open to any suggestions.

regards

Dave

(just about to go on a night shift so will have a read over breakfast, The people of Derby can sleep easy tonight....)

I have been the proud owner of a jakt jakt (or however you spell it) jacket and trousers for a couple of years now, and let me tell you it took alot for me to leave my trusted barbour.

Now the jakt stuff is great value but it leaked on my recent trip to the hebrides and I want something better. Now I can see the benefits of leaving waxed cotten (even barbour are leaving it behind) please can people tell me what they use and if you would recommend it. At the minute I have my eye on something from the nomad line. However I am open to any suggestions.

regards

Dave

(just about to go on a night shift so will have a read over breakfast, The people of Derby can sleep easy tonight....)

Take a look at Swazi mate, its the mutts nuts but not cheap...quality costs money! :ph34r:

Another vote for Nomad and Swazi!

I have the Swazi Thar anorak and a 3/4 length swazi fleece that goes underneath, its really warm, windproof and 100% waterproof as its 3 layer goretex and taped seams.

I will say that it could benefit from being a little quieter but, it's not caused me any problems.

Where it does score points over the Nomad is the anorak itself without the fleece is light enough to be used on a warm day too.

A good pal of mine has the Nomad smock and loves it, it is very quiet and totally waterproof.

ATB

Moses

Archived