Morning stalk.

Guest Remmy

i went out for a stalk this morning to see if i could catch up with a buck i had been watching for a while , he was feeding in two fields of corn i have stalked him three times and never managed a shot because of unsafe back stops three times cows spoilt the stalk, out this morning and glassed the corn and here he was walking down a hedge back walking towards me @ 160yds, got down on the bipod and sent him a 87gvmax and as you can see there is no meat damage at all, there the bizz for roe puts them down. :thumbs: :thumbs:

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00001.jpg

DSC00003-1.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

Well done. I have used the 87 grain V-Max for several years for head shooting park deer and found them to be outstanding. On the few occaisions that I have used them for chest shooting I have found similar results to your photograph. I now use 75 grain remmington accutips in a factory load because I got fed up with spending all my evenings reloading for work use and I find tham to be adequate but not quite as explosive. JC

JC275 as you say they are outstanding and put the deer straight down, i have been using 87g hollow points and getting very good results with them, but they are not a patch on the vmax for stopping deer with no meat damage.

I bought a box of 87 Grn Hornaday hollow points once when I ran out of V-Max, I loaded them using exactly the same powder, charge, primer, seating depth etc and they grouped like a mad womans poo! So poor (3''-4'') that I didn't dare risk using them for park work. I think I just used up what I had loaded when a lad just wanted to have a few shots with a rifle then gave the rest of the un-used bullets away. I still don't understand why the groups were so much larger when the v-max load was (and still is) a true sub 1/2'' load. Its little mysteries like this that make you wonder how modern factory ammo can perform so well, most half decent ammo in most half decent rifles will shoot 1 MOA and still fit any chamber and magazine of the same calibre. JC

what a ####### waste of time same as the last post no fuking interest at all, unless its black and tac shot at 3,000yds no cnut wants to know well you can poke ukv where the sun dont shine, i have had enough of all the shite on here and wont be back............................

Most folks on here are quite happy to show their posts on here for the benefit of others without feeling the need for mucho back slapping from the word go :lol:

You`re quite right on one thing though Remmy....................................................................

you won`t be back :lol:

Archived