Testing my 6MMBR today

I have been meaning to put a little something on here for a while about my 6MMBR but never got round to it.

As a little project a few months ago I asked the advice of Dasherman regarding a mag fed 6MMBR ,he suggested I use a tikka 22-250 as they feed the BR round really well, I buy quite a few second hand rifles off a dealer North of the Border and after a phone call he told me he had a good second hand Tikka 595 in 22-250 which would be bang on the money for what I wanted,

He sent it down to Dasherman and he did his magic on it, He put a 1-8 Pac-nor Stainless match barrel on ,screw cut it and did the trigger and also the inletting.

It only took a couple of weeks from the initial phone call and having it back from proof.

I have shot groups with it and have been very happy , the other day Dave (6MMBR) andmyself went out and i shot a group which was a little off , I put it down to the fact that it needed a clean.

So today when I got up there was no wind and no sunshine, great to set the gun up , so went down to a place where I can get some tidy shots and set up the target I rezeroed the rifle at 100yrds, hole on hole :unsure:

Then moved out to 250yrds , got my range finder to get it bang on , did the calculations on the EXbal PDA and settled down to shoot a 5 shot group.

I shot 4rounds and I that which promotes growth and vigour out on the 5th lads after the third I was bouncing inside ,I have never shot a group like that before.

Heres a couple of pics that I took just to give you an idea of how it went.

Cheers Andy

25092008237.jpg

25092008239.jpg

Nice one Andy :unsure: ,

I bet you glad you never sold her now aren't you Captin :o:excl: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the best......................

RAY................................ :P;)

Guest varmartin

Nice shooting Andy.

The 6mmBR is a lovely round, You and Dave seem to be having good luck with the 87vmax. :lol:

Have you tried the 75 Vmax ? or 95 Berger VLD ? stoke them up with Reloader 15.......awesome.

I have got some 105 VLD to try from a very good friend of mine ....I will post results at 500 yards when I can get a load developed.

Archived