ADVICE NEEDED

nemasis243

Hi Guys need some advice on a dvd camcorder, am looking to start doing some video footage and wondering what you can recommend.

I am looking for something that has high optical mag and not to big in size ,gonna see if i can mount it some way above the scope to get soem footage.

cheers Andy

Hi andy, went to poland last year to the boar and there was a guy usin a tiny cam corder on what looked like a proper bracket and cam mounted on side of his rifle barrel,i was in sweden couple of weeks ago at the cappercaillie and he had it mounted on his semi auto shotgun,got some excellent footage, i will try and track him down and get the spec for you.

nell

Got onto the guy with cam, he is going to mail details to me, so will forward as soon as i get them. He told me that the bracket came from CABELAS, he told me his mate has a smaller scope mounted cam, but it has no zoom.

As i say will forward gen when i get it....

Nell

Got onto the guy with cam, he is going to mail details to me, so will forward as soon as i get them. He told me that the bracket came from CABELAS, he told me his mate has a smaller scope mounted cam, but it has no zoom.

As i say will forward gen when i get it....

Nell

Cheers Nell ,thanks for all your help. Andy

• 2 weeks later...

what you planning on doing with the footage???

i ask because if you want to edit your footag you be better off with a different recording format instead of dvd

mini dv format or hard drive style recording media would be better if your planning to transfer to a pc then edit

sauer

I`ve got a Panasonic recorder that records to sd card and then transfers directly to the pc/laptop using "Pinnacle" editing program.The systems pretty easy to use even for someone as computer literate as me :blink:

I would think that it`d be pretty easy to rig up a scope mount to any camera using the tripod screw which is universal on all cameras.Modifying the Lightforce quick release adapter springs to mind

Archived