FUN ON THE FARM

nemasis243

I did my usual Sunday evening thing and took the BR for a spin down to a local Turkey farm which is close to home , its crawling with vermin its every Varminters Dream :P .

I took one of the Kawasaki Mules out of the shed and set off for a spin round, first port of call was behind the main yard, its a dumpping site for all the old bedding and always has loads of magpies on it ,as I came round the corner I got to position where I had a clear safe shot into the muck heap which stood about 8ft high, I counted 19magpies on the muck pile and surrounding fence posts, I pinged the pile and I was 295yrds away, so did the exball bit and set up and waited for a shot, after about 10minutes a magpie dropped to the bottom of the heap, I set up on him and sqeezed a round off , it threw it about 3ft in the air , what a way to start the evening :D

21092008223.jpg

Then I moved across to another spot which was a big earth bank and has a few rabbits on it , I scanned with the Binos and set up at 265yrds away.

After about 20mins i had had two nice shots , headshooting two rabbits ,if you look at the second photo you will see at the top center of the picture a gray thing sticking up , this is the rabbits ear the only thing i could find left of its head.

21092008227.jpg

21092008225.jpg

I moved back towards the farm as the light was starting to go and was greeted by a Bulgerian Girl who works on the farm,who I know quite well ( Tanned skin ,not bad looking and sexy accent) ,

Hi Andy you have been shooting ? I have come from big field fox on muck heap there!

So she climbed on and we went over for a look, sure enough there was a big dog fox sniffing in the middle of the muck pile , I stopped the Mule and got set up the fox was in a little dip sticking his head up every now and again, Dont move I said , as I was shooting from the driving seat of the mule .

As the fox stuck his head up I sqeezed a round off , straight over its head into the muck pile, the fox jumped up and stood with its back to me ,looking at the hole in the muck,

I had forgot to take the clicks off I had put on for the Rabbits ( what a ###### B) ) , You missed she said , within seconds I redialled the scope and bang sent an 87grn Vmax through the back of charlies head.

21092008230.jpg

So the phot is a bit dark but the big old dog fox had a lovely silver shine to the fur on his back,.

Then it was up to her caravan for a cuppa and a chat, taking her for a meal for her birthday on Tuesday so that should be fun :wub:

nice shooting at least you got the fox in the end ..nice job on the maggie B)

;) "So she climbed on and we went over for a look, sure enough there was a big dog fox sniffing in the middle of the muck pile."

Was that dog fox 2 or 4 legged :D;)

Sounds an interesting Sunday, I know some girls are dirty but thats a new one on me ;);)

Cheers

Dave

Archived