Sightron Scope

Hi all,

I was after a scope for my for my new long range varmint rifle build so i bought this:

Sightron_Scope_001.jpg

I had read many good reports about these scopes including a very comprehensive two part reveiw on 6mmBR.com, so i decided not to go my usual high magnification leupold route and try one of these instead.

Sightron_Scope_005.jpg

First impressions show it to be the equal of any Leupold quality wise and better ergonomically.

The turrets are a larger diameter and the zoom ring is a lot easier to use then the Leupold, it also has a fast occular lens focusing system which does not need locking.

Sightron_Scope_009.jpg

Sightron_Scope_013.jpg

I sourced this scope in the USA, bought from an ebay dealer brand new and sealed in the box, at the time i did not know that Edgar Brothers are the official importers for this brand (probably why i could not find one in the UK) but that would not have stopped me from buying from the USA anyway.

I have been informed that this scope will retail for slightly more then a Leupold VXIII 8.5-25x50 although in the states its slightly cheaper.

Once i have mounted the scope on my new rifle i shall post a much more detailed account regarding its performance along side the nearest equivalent Leupold for comparison.

Ian.

Archived