reflex t8

Guest brieny1000

Guest brieny1000

hi all

i have just bought a t8 for my tikka t3 in 223

and i have'nt got the bushing sized yet. i am just wondering if it is safe

to use the moderator without short term??

hi briney1000

i have a t8 on my 223 which is bored for 25 cal personally i wouldnt use it until the bush is bored to fit your barrel as i dont think it is designed to fit on the cut thread of the barrel alone and if fitted properly it should wobble a certain amount which is then countered by the bushing sitting on the barrel dont know what yours is bored to but for the sake of doing the job properly i wouldnt rush to use it until fitted correctly . a few tips on care are remove after each use maintainence is basicially a squirt of wd40 each time you use it and if you store fitted to the rifle put the mod to the bottom of the cabinate and keep lose on the threads and tighten when you use it being careful not to overtighten and mine has lasted ten years and 600 plus rounds and is as good as day one happy shooting recoil will be reduced watch the bullet hit sound reduction is huge and your accuracy should give tighter groups dont forget you will need to rezero as point of impact will move so dont forget to pick it up when you go out.

I would suggest that you take the mod off everytime you finish shooting,and,get a thread protector for the muzzle,and,keep the thread well greased with something like Molycote,as it will rust very easily otherwise.As for the WD40,I used to use it,but,the first couple of shots were spread over the whole county,so,I don't bother anymore.....................Martin.

The job of the bush is to centralise (or Collimate) the axis of the bore of the moderator to the outside of the barrel. without it there is a chance you may clip the mod on exit!! I wouldnt reccomend it. you may find a number of people have managed to get away with it. The talerances of your set up might be differant and cause problems. Baisicly it isn't worth it.

Dave

Some say so, some so

I think it is a backfall if the mod isn't tightend.

I tighten my mod and therefore wouldn't need the bush.

First I had the my bush with 0.02mm clearance and accuracy was up-down on my

308 which improved when I openend the clearance to 0.2mm.

Same mod on my 22-250 has more than 2mm clearance, so as if without bush.

edi

Archived