Help with AnD FZ120i

Tictac

Anyone very familiar with these scales??

I have a new AnD 120i, I cannot program it to weigh in GN's, I run through the program options but GN's just does not appear to be an option (along with oz's etc etc)?

GN is not an option under "units" and it does not appear in the function table either. "Alt"Programmable units is also missing from the function table.

I've done a factory reset but no change.

Thanks.

It certainly should read in grains. If you're following the instructions in the manual and it's still a problem then I'd go back to the supplier. It should be simple to switch between the various measures. I have the FZ300.

Martin

4-2 Storing Units

The units or modes can be selected and stored in the function table. The sequence of displaying the units or modes can be arranged in the function table so as to fit the frequency of use.

Select a unit or mode and arrange the sequence of display as follows:

1 Press and hold the SAMPLE key until ba5fnc of the function table is displayed.

2 Press the SAMPLE key several times to display 1Unit .

3 Press the PRINT key to enter the unit selection mode.

4 Specify a unit or mode in the order to be displayed using the following keys.

SAMPLE key To sequentially display the units.

RE-ZERO key To specify a unit or mode.

The stabilization indicator appears when the displayed unit or mode is specified.

5 Press the PRINT key to store the units or modes. The balance displays end and then displays the next menu of the function table.

6 Press the CAL key to exit the function table. Then the balance returns to the weighing mode with the unit specified first in step 4.

Notes When the power is turned on, the scale displays the unit specified first in step 4. In the weighing mode, to select a unit or mode for weighing, press the MODE key.

Thanks All,

Grains is not available as a unit, so I cannot select it and move it to the function table. The scale is not certified for trade use either. I'd have thought it would be shipped with all options available. It's ex-demo so perhaps that's why.

I've now had a response from the manufacturer that points me to a hidden menu, the setup of which is apparently referred to on page 15 of the manual, I'll have another tinker this evening.

I'll post how I get on in case anyone in the future has a similar issue.

Paul.

Well, the saga continues.

There's no hidden menu. The route I had tried appears to be the right one, but Grains just isn't listed.

AnD are calling me tomorrow I guess to talk me through it and they have been very helpful so far so no complaints, I thought I'd try one last time in case I was being a dick, but.....the scale will now not turn on. I've put a meter on the transformer power supply and nowt coming out!

I'll get there in the end but I'm busting to use it!

I'm pleased to say it's now sorted. The replacement power supply arrived today, a quick talk through over the phone with a technician at AnD and it was unlocked.

Apparently there are two ways of unlocking it depending on how it's locked to start with, one involves removing the cover. Fortunately mine was a series of hold these keys press that key etc to re-program the software, it took minutes. It's not a process covered in the manuals, I don't think your supposed to know how to do this.

It wasn't bought as a trade scale but I guess as it was ex-demo that was how it was last run.

Thanks John for you PM guidance and suggestions to getting me weighing sooner.

Thanks to AnD for getting the power supply out next day and the help over the phone. Good to deal with.

Archived