6mmBR load trouble

shrek

Hi guys. im having a problem gettin my v-max loads to shoot right in my BR. They were shooting very well (averaging a .3 inch) however no matter what i try i cannot get it to shoot now, ive tried altering seating depths and powder charges and dont seem to see much changing in groups, i am just gettin a common pattern with all of the groups!

In a 5 shot group i am gettin 3 touching then 2 flyers CONSISTENTLY! i cant understand whats causing the flyers, most are still within the inch but i miss seeing a single raggy cloverleaf through the scope, and its not giving me the confidence to shoot out at range now :D

If the load was shooting and now isn't there are very few things it could be, apart from the obvious like scope problems stc. Have you tried JB paste or similar to remove any carbon build up/recondition the throat and barrel. Any carbon build-up can cause pressure variations as the barrel heats up. Might be worth a try...

hi Tiff, barrels been fully cleaned with wipe out borefoam two or 3 times, and i tried my lapua scenar loads at it was bob on .2 of an inch like it normally does?!

The V-max's have also been weighed so thats another variable out the window, i just cant find a reason for the 2 flyers in every load! maybe im just gettin stressed out about it i'll calm down get a new box of brass and try again next week, 1000 acres of silage still to get in so i aint really gonna have the time to shoot anythin once it comes dry anyway! haha

Shrek, had something like that.

Bore foam, more bore bore foam, hoppes....

didn't help

Took something like the jb paste that remington abrasive stuff

and she was back at 3/4" at 200yds.

Maybe the surface is getting glassy and not letting bore foam

in to doe it's job.

edi

Guest varmartin

If its shooting well with another known load it aint a fouled barrel....

Have you just bought a new batch of bullets/ changed to a new lot of primers/powder or ???? ??

There are a few lots of 87 vmax about that dont shoot worth a sh*t....it could be down to a bad component in your load.

I might be able to vouch for the 87's if they're the load he picked up from me last month.... they where weighed perfect (failures were that which promotes growth and vigour canned) and if memory serves me ok I think I length checked them as well with a compatator guage.

These aren't some of your dodgy "Gas Axe" annealed cases are they by chance mate??

of course, and im gettin good at it now! they look as good as brand new lapua out the box :rolleyes: i suppose i better collect together my pennies try abit more new brass, but i still cant explain why every load has the 2 flyers, surely if it was my dodgy brass then it would be abit more randomly spaced out!

Guest varmartin

Are you saying ...shots 4 + 5 out of every 5 shot group ` fly` ???? or just 2 out of 5 randomly ??

You need to ` mark` the cases that produse the flyers then segregate them.

Collect a batch of 10 that shot in the group ...reload them and try again...if they still show ` flyers it aint the cases...!!

nope ratty, they all went through the case trimmer so it aint that,

Varmartin, its 2 random shots out of every five shot group which seem to fly, however its ironic that its consistently random??!!!! haha

As yet i havent had any spare time to do anymore testing but i will persist!! Or i could just go back to my varmint grenade loads that shoot .2s hehe

Hi, thought I would mention that I have seen this sort of thing when getting towards a hot load and just past perhaps the last accuracy node?I see some rounds go screaming down the very same hole and then two out pop out but not nessessarily in any order ie 3 in very very tight group and 2 out.I would try backing off half a grain just to see??worth a try.Onehole.

Archived