ITS GONNA COST YOU

nemasis243

Well after being out yesterday afternoon looking at 3new farms that I have picked up, I was on the way home just picking up a chinky for dinner before a night out with the lamp and the heavens opened, well I was P88888d off to say the least ,so home it was and a night trolling the internet for something to look a :lol: t.

Laying in bed next thing the house phone goes off, anyway I thought this time of night its work so picked up the phone, "Hello is that Andy"

it was a voice I didnt recall ," Yep whos this ". Anyway to cut a long story short it was a guy who has a chicken farm in the middle of know where.

Funny really as this guy used to call me all the time and one day just stopped, I used to get a tenner a fox from him as it was so far out they way that I needed to cover my fuel, anywayI found out that a few guys from the Valleys were comming down with long dogs and were doing it for free.

Well if I was the farmer I suppose money is money and if its free it seems like a good idea,

Anyhow after a few minutes on the phone he asked if I could go back that night as he had been into one of the hen house and charlie had been in and had done about 70 chickens,well a bit of a cheak but i said if you want me up there now its gonna cost you, its £30 if I dont shoot anything and £25 for every fox I shoot cash on the nail, he said yes and I was off.

I called a mate who was on 24hr call for the council to see if he would come and lamp as we have an arrangement as we have done this many times before.

So I picked him up on the way through, the weather was that which promotes growth and vigour ,rain then clear the heavy rain then clear.

Thank god for gortex clothing I thought to myself, got to the farm and was greeted by the farmer and we quickly got on with what we had to do ,

First field 2 foxes ,as soon as the lamp went on them they were gone, so the red filter went on ,not the best thing to use when theres a bit of water in the air , but needs must.

The second field 3 sets of eyes which turned out to be 1 fox and 2badgers, the fox started to trot away ,I gave it a bark and it looked back for a second giving me enough time to send a bullet into the body from about 130yrds away, down it went good nite ;) ,

We walked onto the next gate and lamped over , another fox was running away to the hedge , but he was running straight away from me so Ihad no trouble taking this one on the run ;) .

Then we got to the chicken sheds ,lamp on 4foxes in one field and as soon as the lamp went on them they were going bananas , they didnt know which way to turn :lol: ,

Buy this time it was getting very wet and clarity through the scope was impaired, so I couldnt shoot ,give a few minutes I said to my mate so we tucked in behind the hedge and waited for a break in the rain .

Afetr about 5minutes it eased off a bit so it was back on with the lampand 80yrds to our left a charlie was trotting away , i gave a little sqeak and he stoppedand that was that ;) .

I had a call for about 5 or 6 times as we went back through the fields collecting the shot foxes but nothing showed, we got back to the farm about 3/4hr after setting out and knocked on the door,

The farmer half asleep opened it and reluctantly said what this gonna "F******K Cost Me " , at 3oclock in the morning I didnt want to hear this crap I said its £75 cash :lol: , he went off and come back with the money, then he started going on about these boys with the dogs were good and didnt charge him ,

MY final words to him dont ring after ten anymore and if there so wonderfull how is it I have seen about half a dozen lamp shy foxes in 3 fields , you better get them to sort their problem out then mate , thanks and in the car and away.

I think its gonna cost him in the long run and I dont care if he ever calls again , I dont need it .

Soory no pictures but I left the phone in the car and it was raining the time I got back to the farm.

cheers Andy

That was a bit of cheek, you wouldn't get a plumber out at that time of night for anything less.

A good result in difficult circumstances always difficult sorting out lamp shy foxes.

Perhaps a job for night vision, now thats going to cost :lol:

Cheers

Dave

Well done on the foxes :lol: I'm a farmer myself, but if I got treated that way, then talked to like that at 3am I'd have told him to FO and delete my number. In the end of it all when foxy is murdering his stock he needs you a hell of a lot more than you need him and he could at least be polite, which costs him nothing. Wet night and lads going out in it, sod him.

Guest varmartin

Good going Andy......I bet inside you still enjoyed sorting out another's problems ?? Next time you spend £75 on reloading components....just grin ;)

Like you say it will cost in the long run,those lampshy foxs will probabl cause a bit of damage and all that to save a few quid,nice result you got,looks like some hard work ahead for someone to get rid of those skitish fox's

Archived