Sennybridge F Range Sept. 6th - Anybody Going?

Since Warcop was a total disaster twice, I'm going to Sennybridge on the 6th instead. Anybody else looking at going? Guessing it will be one of the last shoots in the year before the snow/mist descends on Brecon! Would be good to meet up. Hope to have my mitts on my rpa 50cal by then...........Cheers Tiff

Would be nice, if I can, I will - still no sign of the 338 tube :excl:

Just had a look on FCSA site and there's a date of 11th october for a bash at Warcop .50cal+others.

Ok, ok I know........ we've been here before, but hey you never know. Again l'm stuck on shift, but if it's on and l can wangle it then l'm up for throwin' what l've got down range........

How do i go about becoming a member of the FCSA as i'll love to get shooting on these range days! however i tried emailing the FCSA's secratary about two weeks ago now asking for application pack/requierments, i still havent had a reply. Dumfries and galloway firearms are pricking their ears up aswell as i have just put in for the acqusition of another 308 for range shooting (and deer/vermin) however if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated, the only problem is that i have no local club which i have attended, and therefore no officals sayin that im compotent with a firearm?

Regards

Sherk

Hi Shrek, look on the Offas Dyke website (click on range dates on the FCSA website :D ) and give the number listed a call...on the end of the phone will be John the FCSA secretary. Hes a top bloke and will be able to tell you all you need to know.

As an aside I don't think I'm going on the 6th to F range, but am looking at Lydd on Thursday 25th Sept instead....

Cheers Tiff

Shrekles me little mate, just wait for your lot the S$%t themselves when you ask for that .50 you've always wanted.

Or you could just use that punt gun and slugs :D

My place for a bunk when you're down, just be prepared to be shown up by the you know who..... then again as I've learned to live with, why change the habbit of a lifetime :D

Shrek

see the phone number on this page http://www.offasdyke.surf3.net/rangecal.htm - this is Johns (the FCSA UK secretary)

I think he has changed his e-mail address recently which is why no reply?

You would do well to look at Diggle ranges too for a "local" target club - it opens numerous options if you are after more rifles to shoot in numerous disiplines....

FCSA UK is £50 per annum.

PSSA (Diggle) is £100 per annum with one off £50 joining fee.

Both money very well spent if you ask me :D

Personally I wouldnt go with a .50", I would look at 375 or 408 CT - much nicer.........

cheers for the advise lads i'll get on with that, as for the big boomers Andy i think i'll stick with putting holes through paper at 800 or so with the 308 for now, however i would like to see my FLO's facial expression if i ased for a 408CT and told him i wanted it for vermin aswell :D

If youre serious about a larger cal, I have a very good friend who is selling a 408CT at the moment.

Happily buy it myself but not sure what the future holds at the moment......

We were shooting melon sized rocks with it a few months ago at 900+ meters, pretty much 1st round hit every time :D

nahh not really gonna go for anythin bigger at the moment, just getting another 308 for the moment. Maby think about somthin bigger for the future but it all depends on what ranges i can get to and my own time situation! thanks for the offer tho sounds like a great peica of kit!

Archived