Nightforce Compact NXS 2.5-10 x 32 with zero stop

Formerly Dave Green's scope - this zero stop illuminated scope (boxed) has sat on my .223 and is now on my 6.5 x 55

Not really suited to the 6.5 and as I have open sights on my .223 I would like to replace it for a scope with a larger objective for stalking

As far I can tell it is in excellent condition

£850 plus postage

Hi John

It is but I was adjusting the zero stop on the weekend and am struggling to re tighten the clutch.

My eyes are not up to the task of seeing whether I've rounded the grub screw or have sheered it - can't see it properly even with a magmifying glass

So at the moment I can't claim that it is faultless

j

The turret works fine

Still holds zero fine and the 'come ups' too.

I 'boxed it' - i.e went 15 clicks up, 15 left, 15 down and 15 right and it returns to zero

Just wont stop at the zero-stop position as the clutch is rotating free

Should be an easy sort out but need someone with some experience of this

Can anyone out there help?

Hi John

It is but I was adjusting the zero stop on the weekend and am struggling to re tighten the clutch.

My eyes are not up to the task of seeing whether I've rounded the grub screw or have sheered it - can't see it properly even with a magmifying glass

So at the moment I can't claim that it is faultless

j

Not sure which screw your referring to.... This may help. https://youtu.be/_j8uqfGqoW8

Thanks Biggles

I have a slightly different version where the alan screw is inset to the side of the upper clutch assembly - it is slightly recessed into the turret which makes it hard to see

Might be a 'back to Nightforce' jobbie !

j

For information ....

Contacted nightforce about my broken grub screw on the zero stop

This was the response...

Based on your description of what you heard and felt, it may be that your screw broke as you are concerned.

If that is the case, the best option is to send the optic in for a warranty repair.

To have any services performed, please contact a Nightforce Optics customer service representative at (208) 476-9814 to schedule the service and receive a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA). An RMA must be processed prior to performing any services. When calling, please be prepared to supply your personal contact information and the nature of your request, to include the optic configuration, serial number etc. Lastly, we ask that all service optics are sent in with a Factory Service Form. This form can be downloaded and printed from our website under the Downloads link, www.nightforceoptics.com.

Please let us know if we can be of additional assistance

Respectfully,.......
Not bad considering I bought this second hand :).

Archived