6BR 70 B Tip and N135

Toby

Hi, have tested said combination with test loads of 29, 29,5 30 and 30,5 grains of N135.

The top load proved most accurate, although I havent chronoed it yet.

My question is, seen as listed max is 32,5, should I keep going until I reach the recommended book max or settle for what I have?

Sako M591, LW 1-8" 60cm barrel.

Hi, have tested said combination with test loads of 29, 29,5 30 and 30,5 grains of N135.

The top load proved most accurate, although I havent chronoed it yet.

My question is, seen as listed max is 32,5, should I keep going until I reach the recommended book max or settle for what I have?

Sako M591, LW 1-8" 60cm barrel.

Toby,much advice willbe to plough on upwards-towards 'max' (which is at all the same as 'to be desired'-it's a safety limit,of course).

It woud be somewhat surprising if you did not find another equally accurate node before that max.NO free lunch ,of course-a little more barrel wear,and there will be some velocity loss with low temperatures...etc

Question to ask is,does the current good load do what you want it to do? If yes,it's just an interesting option to go further,safely-but you do not need to (and the book velocity data will be close enough). IF no,then test some more-though the issue may/not be velocity related.

"if the bullets all go through the same hole/produce instant kills/whatever you want,then what will more velocity offer you,and at what price?"....has to be your call....

....but cf *4 post on '6BR bullet" current thread...

gbal

Archived