rim fire bullets which ones ???

for .22lr or .17hmr? i dont have a hummer but for the the .22lr I always use laupa subsonics, they are by far the most consistant I have used, though they are very messy as they are coated with some sort of sticky wax, not like winchester which are a dry wax and far less messy but wouldnt be just as consistant.

Depends on what for Pete. I have an anschutz 1712 which loves eley subs for rabbitting, and also another anschutz, which is a 54 actioned full custom, that wont run on anything but eley match eps [125quid a bleedin thousand]

i also have a custom buckmark which loves the cci standard, at 34 quid a thousand.

If your rabbitting, you wont beat winchester subs.

Guest northernchris

I used to use RWS & Eley subs in my old Annie bolt and in my current CZ Varmint i still use RWS only prob with them is the do have an excessive amount of lube on them.Just depends what shoots in your stick.

Like most things , test and see what she likes!!!!!

My Annie model 64 likes the Eley Match EPS , tested this in the rifle at 50 / 75 and 100yds and this ammo was a clear winner - this was shot in calm conditions to be a fair test!!!!

Onehole and myself used to do alot of testing with 22 RF ammo at 50 / 75 and 100yds , i was using a Mauser 501 then , and i came to the conclusion at the 75 - 100yd mark you certainly got what you paid for as in Eley match / Tenex / Lapua Midas.....

The Mauser loved the Lapua Midas large showing good consistency , so this is what i used whether target shooting or bunny bashing!!!!

All the best.......................

RAY........................................... ;):lol:

I used to run a 1712 maybe 15 years ago, that digested most things fine, Eley, Winchester and Magtech mainly. It just hated RWS and CCI. Most of the time I used Magtech subs, their huge 40 gr hollow point really packed a wallop and cheaper than the other two.

These days I only use semi's, cleanlyness and lack of grease on the bullet is important to keep jams to a minimum. Eley SSHPs are all I use, the others except Lapua are to greasy. Lapua is a great round but very expensive beside Eley and at 60 yards or so teh rabbits cant tell the difference.

A

My .22LR Anschutz - Winchester subs. Best group every time I have tested them against other makes. Remington are a close second.

My .17HMR Sako - Loves Hornady. I have been trying the Federals and Winchesters too - both with good results.

Same advice as others though - try a few in a test and go with the ones you shoot best with.

Cheers,

Snelly.

hi

for what it worth, i would do the same as i would with a center fire rifle shooting factory ammo.

i would buy a box of everything i could get my hands on, and go with what the rifle told me.

all so i would rim thickness sort the ammo, i have had some very very good results doing this

ATB

Colin :o

As has been said, use whatever is the most accurate in your gun. For me it's CCI or Remington s/s. Winchester, no way, total inconsistent, Eley, not accurate. Guns; 10/22 and Beretta s/auto.

CCI subs work the best in my 10/22. Not the most accurate, but very reliable. For a bolt gun I should think Eley or Winchesters would be best, but every gun has its likes and dislikes. Everyone I know uses either Eley or Winchester!

you know me and I just have to test if its testable

me and a mate bought just about one box of everything to test between us and found ely eps match or tenex to be the best for accuracy and splat factor

by splat factor I mean we measured the splat marks when shot against a steel plate

we shot subs, highs and even some stingers but tenex or eps match left the biggest splat indicating that they off loaded their energy the best

so out we go to test on fur and what a shock, they do the job really really well, better than any of the others we tested

if you are really really lucky then your local rfd might have a quantity of first machine runs, what I mean is when setting the machine to run a batch they pull the first so many thousand for testing and end up labeling them as practice, nut your run of the mill practice but eps or tenex boxed as practice with the velocity stamped on the end and when you open them they have the red inner tray and the heads are semi rounded flat end with the nipple and they best bit is they are about half the price of eps

Archived