.308 Sierra 175 Tipped Match Kings

Will_

I'm trying to figure out a solution to a little problem I have, and I wanted to bounce it off the forum...

I'm just about to try Sierra 175 Tipped Match Kings (I currently use 155 SMKs) and the *top :unsure: of the TMK bullet (the shoulders and tip... please forgive my limited terminology) is too *pointy :blink: (again, I beg forgiveness for the words I'm using) for my loader.

I use a Lee Loader (the hit it with a hammer type) and it's producing great ammo, but the bullet seater clearly wasn't designed for anything like the TMK range.

I've considered getting a machinist to drill out the bullet seater a bit to stop the tip from contacting the seater, making the ogive the only point the seater makes contact with.

I've also considered buying a Lee hand press and a seater that will suit the TMKs.

I'd appreciate any thoughts and advice anyone has...

- Will

You can get vld type seater stems which are made for long bullets so the meplat (tip) of the bullet doesn't touch.1967 spud may have some.failing that.norman Clarke. Reloading solutions should have what you need.ive used most ballistic tipped bullets and they've not done that in rcbs dies.not sure if they do a vld type seater for every make of die

Archived