Out trying the new PDA..............

varminter

First of i would like to thank Andy ( Nemesis 243 ) for getting me a PDA /Palm with a Exbal ballistics program on it , a big thanks mate!!!!! ;) ;)

I have been using Exbal for while now , but i have been using it in paper format when out varmint hunting!!!

Have found it pretty spot on for my rifles and all i have to do is take a half MOA off when dialing elevation compensation and its right on the button!!!

Have used this in my 6PPC right out to 550yds and when i had the 6.5-284 rifle i found it to be very good out to 1000yds.............

Now when i was staying with Dave in Wales i had a chance to try out his PDA / Palm and was very pleased with the results!!!

So now i have one of my own ( i still have my paper data with me just in case ) i tried it out last night when out with Chris ( Bobtail ) varminting!!!!! :P

First up was a bunnie at 289yds , put data in , dial in ( minus half MOA ) and bang thump!! , next up was a 321 and 352yd bunnies and connected with them too!!!!

DSCF3273.jpg

Like i have said before i have been using it in paper format for quite a while , but i find with the PDA / Palm a lot faster and very effective for my needs............... :D;)

Or was it just another excuse for a new toy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:;)

All the best......................

RAY..................................... :D;)

ARR Captain, I see your up and running , glad to see you got it sorted buddy :D , the only thing that is good when its in paper format is that if your ever caught short you dont have to use grass to wipe your ass, hope the shits are better ;) ;) ;)

I did one of those foxes at 84.5yrds ,I think I have put the decimal point in the right place :P:lol:

Speak soon well done Pard, cheers Andy

ARR Captain, I see your up and running , glad to see you got it sorted buddy :D , the only thing that is good when its in paper format is that if your ever caught short you dont have to use grass to wipe your ass, hope the shits are better ;) ;)

I did one of those foxes at 84.5yrds ,I think I have put the decimal point in the right place ;):lol:

Speak soon well done Pard, cheers Andy

Thats so very true , don't think i would be very happy if someone done that to my PDA!!!!!! :P

As for me tummy - much better thankyou!!! ;)

Thanks again Captin!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

All the best......................

RAY............................... :D :D

Glad you have now got a palm up and running Ray,i know i am pleased with mine so far will be even better hopefully when the kestrel arives,and its all down to this site cheers greatly improved my knowledge and confidence in taking those longer shots

Guest varmartin

Been using my PDA for a little while now and all is working out fine...as for battery life I have had it 4 weeks and only needed to charge it twice....that included all the play time when i had it first.

Ray,.... Glad to hear you are all sorted now. :lol:

As always, thanks for the replies guys!!! :)

Chris i thought that could happen , and have been used to just taking my paper format charts so i just leave them in my hunting pack that goes with me!!! :D

Martin , thanks for your time and help buddy , its most appreciated !!!!! ;);)

Keith , venison sausages - 00hhh eer , thanks for that buddy!!! :D

Foxshot , good to hear you are getting on well with yours!! :D

When you get your windmeter and start using it and are " dialing " in your wind compensation it will add a new dimension to your shooting!!!!

At first put up some fruit at extended range at unknown distances , then go back to firing point then rangefind your target and " dial " in correction then take a average wind reading and " dial " that in / then fire and make a note of your strikes and consistency of rounds on target!!

All the best...........................

RAY.................................... :D:D

Archived