Can I join please?

between the eyes

My best shot EVER

We walked onto a field that neither of us have been onto before (for various reasons) and through the binocoluas I could see that there were 2 Black Bunnies at the other end of the field, we walked to an old fallen tree and James took a reading off the Busnell range finder, 323 Yards to the bush, the Rabbits were just in front of it. I rested the gun against a vertical tree branch and picked up the two rabbits in my sights. Now this is my stalking gun and the scope is only 9x mag, as the Rabbits turned to face or look away from me I couldn't see them as the cross hairs blanked them out! ;) however when they were sideways on I could see them, just! I waited and pondered over the shot and then flicked the safety off and held my breath, bunny in the sights and I let the 55grn loose, THUMP, I looked at James and gave him a knowing wink, he asked if I had hit it, "Sounds like it" I said, so we went for a long walk over the field to see if I had done the business.

;)

DSC00065.jpg

There it was 11 yards in front of the bush, A Heart Lung shot! ;) so this was without a doubt my best ever shot, 312 yards James took the photos ... I am still buzzing, and now nothing is safe! :D

I love my Winchester70 ;) Winchester silver tip 55 grain BT. Nikko Sterling Platingum 9 x zoom.

Welcome to the " 300yd club" mate.............. :(;)

A black bunnie as well - nice one!!!

All the best.....................

RAY.................................. ;):D

Nice glossey coat ,Looks like its just come out of a pet shop window :( , nice shot mate keep them comming, it addictive this long stuff aint it ;) , dont let anyone put you off it mate ,do what you do and enjoy it ;)

Archived