Cornish roe buck

Hi lads well I managed to sneak off to Cornwall last weekend to meet up with Keith aka Deerstalker for a bit of roe stalking and hopefully bump into a red :excl:

Well what a weekend it turned out to be, I thought with what fell out of the skies I was in grave danger of rusting ;)

Any way Keith tried exceptionally hard to ge me on a deer.

It seemed to be where we were they wern't and when we went to where they were they had gone. But thats stalking.

Anyway Sunday morning things changed and conditions were a bit better.

I think I had one of the most exciting stalks of my life.

We spotted a doe couched down in the grass and on careful scanning with the bino's we spotted the tips of the antlers of the buck just poking above the long grass.

We managed to stalk in to 40 yards of them, god my heart was going as the adrenalin pumped around.

I had not got up this close and personal before.

I could now see the bucks head and neck and took the shot with my 6.5x47, to be rewarded with a nice little buck, who is now on his way to make me some sausages :);)

DSCF0780.jpg

It was a great weekend the weather didn't help our cause.

I also managed to catch up with Ray aswell for a while on Sunday.

Thanks Keith for trying so hard on the weekend in what were pretty adverse conditions at times.

Cheers

Dave

Well done Dave ,

Like you said mate the conditions was pretty dire and i was pleased you got yourself a nice roebuck with Keith!!! ;) ;)

Was a pleasure to meet up with you again...................... :D;)

All the best........................

RAY............................................. :D;)

Guest Remmy

nice buck there dave, there's nothing like a roe buck to get the old shake's started, i have been shooting roe for twenty odd years now and still get that rush when you get the beast in the scope, well done mate rgds dave. ;)

nice buck there dave, there's nothing like a roe buck to get the old shake's started, i have been shooting roe for twenty odd years now and still get that rush when you get the beast in the scope, well done mate rgds dave. ;)

Couldn`t have put it better myself :(

Guest varmartin

Glad to hear it turned out well Dave, you look chuffed !

ps...I have got a spare camo hat if you want one....so you can give that one back to kid that does the paper round :D

Well done dave, thats a nice buck, Iv'e just come back from Keiths had a great time, got my buck this morning, I'll post it tomorrow

Ian.

Ian how much is postage and do they guarantee same day refridgerated delivery as i too have venison for Dave. ;):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers............

Keith..............

Ian how much is postage and do they guarantee same day refridgerated delivery as i too have venison for Dave. :lol:;);)

Cheers............

Keith..............

[/quo

Kieth. not worked it out yet But it will be RMSD probably in that blue barrel of yours ;):P

Archived