accuracy international

Just wondering if anyone out there is lucky enough to have an accuracy international. Only a friend has bought one a few months ago in 308 and is having mixed results. I understand it has a 1 in12 twist what factory ammo seems to work ?

I have not seen it yet but he tells me that the trigger is a bit heavy . I suggested that he read up on it and adjust it with care. According to the manual they say you should not go at the trigger at all. Could this be the right ?or is it just a legal statement to cover their arse.

I have a trg22 and have adjusted it quite a bit and without too much fuss,then I checked it did not self discharge. I would have assumed that the accuracy internationals would be similar?

thanks

dave

I felt one today and one thing i noticed was the weight of pull and how close the trigger was to my hand! the trigger needed to be moved forward a good inch! Im sure it can be fully adjustable.

Foxing2Night now has my AW, but when I had it it shot in the .4's with a load of 46g Vit 140 under a 155g scenar seated to 2.85" (OAL) - I THINK.

The 12 twist barrels definately shoot 150 - 155 g bullets better than the 167 and above weight bullets in this rifle.

Foxingtonight is getting Excellent results with ronin's old AW - i was out with himm a couple of weeks ago and it was producing a 1 hole 5 shot group @ 100yrds - he was using 155grn scenars from what i remember

Hi gents,

Firstly i would like to say that my AI is not old And it has a very low round count on the barrel 2007 manufacture,,,

As ronin and tulky have said it will group like nothing on this earth with 46.5g of vit 140 under 155g scenars

Also 44g of varget under 155 scenars or 150g nosler ,,, these just shoot one hole groups,, Thanks to silentsouls for the load data

All groups were shot off the bipod and no rear bag,,,,

Does your mate post on this forum???? If he does then i am sure that i could help him out??

By the way tulkyuk,, There is only one sniper bob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) Ha Ha I will only say two things,,, Cartridge primers ;):ph34r:

Sorry Darrel

didnt mean to say your baby is "old", its been loved once, now it has a new boyfriend :D:D:D

Sorry Darrel

didnt mean to say your baby is "old", its been loved once, now it has a new boyfriend :D:P:D

Love that reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

All the best..................

RAY.......................................... :D;)

Yes i like that reply myself!!! :D

How are you doing andy and tulky?? I think that there is a mcweens comp some time this month?? Are you both going???

Hi ray,

When we have got the harvest out of the way,, I hope that that aw of mine will get me into the 500 yard club??

It has already done the 300,, With a shot of 336,,

My hat is off to you my mate,, You have done a good job once again on this site,,,

All the best to you all, Darrel

44g of varget, 155 scenars,, 09-05-08_2200.jpg

Hi Darrel

doing just fine, waiting for bedding to cure on a 308 ive built for myself in replacement to the AW ;)

Should be shooting it this weekend if time allows.

Unfortunately its not coated fully yet as my "man" is in New Zealand playing :D:D

Cannot attend this weekend as i'm on days.

Next weekend I have a FCSA UK meet at Warcop to go to (providing its on), if its not i'll head south to Diggle.

Maybe post something on the new 308, providing no-one objects :D

Whats you MV on your Varget load in relation to the Vit 140 load?

Circa 2960 fps, so Varget load may not get you to 1000 without going transonic - guessing here havent puched the figures.....

Archived