Swaro Z6 vs X5 vs Z8 - Difference in low light

simonl

I've got a Z6 & I'm contemplating an additional scope. Has anyone had Z6 vs X5 vs Z8 side by side for comparison purposes? Calrity in low light is probably the most important factor to me.

I don't think that the 5-30 Z6/6i is the best of the Z6/6i line-up - I have a Z6 3-18x50P BT L on my Sauer Stalking rifle which is in my opinion one of the best scopes I've ever used in terms of optics - noticably better than the Z6/6i 5-30x50, and I think better than the X5/X5is. I attended Swarovski's X5 launch day last year and I have to say I was underwhelmed by both X5/X5i models (3.5-18x50 and 5-25x56) we were able to shoot. Optically they were good, but not Swarovski's best, and the elevation turret is in my opinion excessively complicated.

I feel Swarovski have missed the boat with the X5/X5i range with them being neither tactical or target scopes. For this reason I decided not to buy the X5 5-25x56 which I had been contemplating after the launch hype/blurb.

Bear in mind that Swarovski ownes Kahles and thus offer the K624i (6-24x56) and K1050 (10-50x56) and IMO both are better than the X5 range.

Ducks, runs and dives for cover.

Having had a z6i and the use of an x5 I can't fault the glass but feel they aren't up to the build quality of old. For this reason I chose the atacr which I was pleased to see performed side by side against a friends z6i at last light which as I shoot a lot of fallow was my only gripe against the nxs

Having had a z6i and the use of an x5 I can't fault the glass but feel they aren't up to the build quality of old. For this reason I chose the atacr which I was pleased to see performed side by side against a friends z6i at last light which as I shoot a lot of fallow was my only gripe against the nxs

That's interesting as I made exactly the same choice and also opted for the Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 over the Swarovski X5 5-25x56. I found the Nightforce scope to be superb optically, but have recently swapped it for a Kahles K1050 MOAK to get a higher range of magnification, it is equally good.

That's interesting as I made exactly the same choice and also opted for the Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 over the Swarovski X5 5-25x56. I found the Nightforce scope to be superb optically, but have recently swapped it for a Kahles K1050 MOAK to get a higher range of magnification, it is equally good.

I really wasn't expecting people to be leaning towards Nightforce for *optical quality at low light.* Other reasons, absolutely.

So is the ATACR a relatively new model?

I really wasn't expecting people to be leaning towards Nightforce for *optical quality at low light.* Other reasons, absolutely.

So is the ATACR a relatively new model?

There have been at least two generations of ATACR AFAIK.

Gen. 1 was SFP 5-25x36mm, Gen. 2 is either SFP or FFP 5-25x36mm - the 2nd gen scopes have a distinctive illumination control on the parallax turret. The glass on the ATACR is superb - I'm told it is of German make (probably Schott) and I found it to be superb in low light.

My ATACR now resides in Wales and is performing well with its new owner while I am now enjoying my new Kahles K1050 MOAK.

EA5AF448-C318-46BD-932F-0FEC0AE3DD11.jpg

Archived