Please forgive me as I know what I want to say but may not say it clearly

Right here goes, I've a T3 in 6.5x47 with a swaro 5-30 scope on top, I'd like to fit a moa rail to it in order to be able to gain extra clicks on the ballistic turret

My question is per 10 moa on the rail how may clicks will I gain on the turret?

Many thanks

SP

If you fit a 10 MOA rail you should gain 10 MOA on the scope

If you have 1/4 MOA clicks then you will gain 40 clicks of elevation

Won't be precise because it all depends how accurate your rail is and how much your scope clicks actually move but it will be close enough to what I've stated above

Duey

Spiel,simples really-a 10 moa rail will give you 10 more moa of adjustment on your scope-no more clicks,of course,but if you simply took the scope off,fitted the 10 moa rail,and fitted the scope back onto the 10 moa rail,you'd be shooting 10 moa higher....and could come down that 10moa to the original zero,so giving the extra 10moa adjustment if you needed it for longer range. (I don't know offhand how many clicks that scope has per moa).

But you effectively add 10 moa with the rail (or 20 moa with a 20 moa rail).

Most 1000 yard rifles have tapered moa rails so that the scope can cope with the adjustments needed at 1000,which would be around 33 moa up for a 308,approx,from 100 zero,and thescope might easily run out,as quite a bit can be used up in zeroing....

(English pointers...or.....GSPs...or some new uber breed? My mother used to breed English,for the grouse moors,usually in N Scotland-Helmsdale eg..Pretty game birds,those grouse!

gbal

Archived