My Friend from the USA roe bucks

Hi

I would just like to show you the roe bucks that my friend from the USA shot with me over the last few days.

dsc00516qr2.jpg

By brcooper, shot with DSC-W130 at 2008-08-04

He is the guy that I went prairie dog shooting with last year. So I was happy that I could have him over after the great time I had with him last year .

I also manage to take him out with a couple of mates lamping foxes. We only saw one fox but he manage to shoot it in some long rape stubble. It has be a hard couple of days with little sleep but it has been great fun.

Dogfox

Thats one hell of a hall there Dogfox :P:P , I bet he was well Stoked, Bet he has some great pictures to take back. ;)

Where did you shooting the dogs over there?

Hi Dogfox

There's some great looking trophy's there buddy, you certainly showed your friend some great times on his stay.

How was the praire dog shooting ?? I'd love to hear more, if you care to share. It's something i've always fancied but never managed to work in with family & work commitments. ;):P

Cheers Steve

Hi Steve & Nemasis

The Pd shooting was in South Dakota. I went with my friend who lives in Ohio state.Three of us drove across to South Dakota because of all the euipment that we had. It was like we were going in to a war zone with the number of guns and ammo we had ;):P .

We stayed on a ranch which was very nice and shot on different ranches in the area. The rancher where we were staying sorted out the ranches on which we would shoot and we paid a fee of about $25 each to shoot on the ranch. We spoke to the ranchers and they would tell us where the Pd towns were.

The best time to go over is the end of May in to june when there are pd pups about and they have not been shot at much. You can hear gun shots all a round you as other shooters are shooting on different ranches. The Pd's will soon become wise to the gun fire and stay below ground. I was shooting on average about 300 rounds a day and the other guys were shooting about the same. Some places you could shoot out to 1000 yards but all of the places we would shoot you could only get out to 500 odd yards because of the ground.

I took over my long barrel pistol and shot pd's out to 300 yards and I also used a 22.250 out to 400 yards. I took 300 rounds of 6Br ammo with me for my pistol and brought ammo over there for the 22.250. You can only take 5KG of ammo on the plane which limits you to how much ammo you can carry.

Next time I go I will take the pistol with home loded ammo and have ammo made up for the 6Br rifle over there to my spec and buy factory ammo for the 220 swift. I will take all my own rifles next time as I did not find it that bad dealing with the airports and customs.

dogfox

Hi Funky

I boiled out the heads and then used a power washer to get off all the meat and fat. I then used a gel peroxide from the girl who cuts my hair.

Yes he did have a good trip as I manage to get him a fox on the lamp with a good bit of help from my friends ( Ed & Twanky)and 17 pigeons over decoys in a couple of hours.

Dogfox

Great haul there dogfox looks like you done youself proud,and congrats to your us friend looks like he has some awsom firepower

Archived