Lorraine has just got a new stock with a magazine conversion for her remy 700. Unfortunately the stock (for a PSS) is longer than the standard HS stock on her rifle meaning that the T8 won't fit.

She's been offered a T4AR as a swap and which would fit nicely but I've a wee niggly naggly doubt that it might not be okay for .243.

I understand that the AR's are designed for .223 but on the limited information available on t'interweb it seems that 6mm ppc go through. It's very ambiguous though, whether it's the same mod or a specific one for the 6mm. Obviously if it is the same one, then .243 will work but the last thing I want to do is trade mods and blow a hole in the new one. I've been told it caters for up to .25 cal.

I've a T8AR on my Howa and we both have (had) T8's on the .243's so I'm no stranger to them but the available technical specs are shiite to say the least.

Also what to the numbers and letters mean around the rear end outside the bush?

Lorraine has just got a new stock with a magazine conversion for her remy 700. Unfortunately the stock (for a PSS) is longer than the standard HS stock on her rifle meaning that the T8 won't fit.

She's been offered a T4AR as a swap and which would fit nicely but I've a wee niggly naggly doubt that it might not be okay for .243.

I understand that the AR's are designed for .223 but on the limited information available on t'interweb it seems that 6mm ppc go through. It's very ambiguous though, whether it's the same mod or a specific one for the 6mm. Obviously if it is the same one, then .243 will work but the last thing I want to do is trade mods and blow a hole in the new one. I've been told it caters for up to .25 cal.

I've a T8AR on my Howa and we both have (had) T8's on the .243's so I'm no stranger to them but the available technical specs are shiite to say the least.

Also what to the numbers and letters mean around the rear end outside the bush?

Hi Dave

the T4AR is for up to 25 cal, And will fit on a barrel tube dia of 25mm and the thread will be one of these

1/2"-20 unf

1/2"-28 unef

5/8"-18 unf

M15x1

it is the same speck as your T8AR but it is just a T4AR version like the T8 and T4

the markings on the base of the mod denote

type of mod

cal

and thread in side the mod

ATB

Colin ;)

Make sure you specify which thread you need, as the t4ar is designed for the ar15 rifle, which has an industry standard thread of 1/2" x 28 UNEF [unified extra fine] As col says, there are other threads, but that is the standard one.

You wont be dissapointed with it, i have the same mod on my ar15 and its very quiet indeed. i reckon you are sailing close to the wind putting a .243 through a .250 calibre hole though.

Archived