RPR - AR-15 accessories

cakeordeath

Hi,

Could I ask if anyone knows if AR15 accessories will fit a Ruger Precision Rifle?

Seems there are plenty of contrary opinions out in Youtube land.

I am after a Magpul MOE grip, and an ambi safety selector.

also does anyone know what height rings I would need to avoid a 50mm lens hitting the top picatinny rail? Was think about putting a Vortex PST 6-25 x50 on mine ( if anyone has one they need to move along?

Thanks

OK I took a punt at it and bought a Magpul MOE pistol grip for the RPR but I am buggered if I can get the screw inside the original grip to fit any of the allen keys I have.

Does anyone know what size it is? 5mm is a tad too big.

OK, Halfords came through with a set of imperial Allen keys and I fitted the Magpul MOE pistil grip. Nice fit easy job looks and feels good.

Also fitted ( sort of ) an ambi selector which didn't work once fitted and then got jammed In the rifle. Had to bust the lever off and force it around with a big flat blade screw driver so it would release the lower receiver. refitted the original that then worker perfectly.

day ended with a Vortex scope bubble level, which was a doddle to fit and looks the part.

so...not all AR-15 bits will fit a RPR it seems.

Put an ambidextrous saftey in my 6.5 Creedmoor, worked perfectly. I also have the 308 version left it stock, can't remember the last time I've used the safety on either. Seekins is supposedly making a saftey with a slightly larger journal to fit the RPR better.

Archived